Upgrade Questions

onewideboard

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2004
currently i have and amd athlon xp2800 on an abit nf7-s mb,1gig corsair xms pc3200 ddr400 memory,nvidia 9800 pro video card,wd raptor 10k rpm sata drive,using the on board sound,all encased in an xaser thermaltake box with a 420w ps.mag innovision 19" monitor.nothing is o'clocked,o'clocking is not my thing and i'm not interested in trying it.

what i have been considering is the
MSI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
and
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Socket 939 Processor - Retail (Winchester core)

Anyone have any idea how big of an improvement i might notice with this upgrade?i would think my other components are still up to date enough to not require an upgrade yet.
i'd just like to up the mb and proc.the pci express stuff looks pretty interesting but i don't think i'd see that much of a difference in upgrading to it yetas i feel my 9800 pro is still a pretty viable card.
i play lots of 3d mmorpg games and there are a lot out now and more coming in the near future that have some pretty high system requirements and i'd like to get the best performance i can so i can play these at the highest settings.
thx!