Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connection problems:T3, Palmone Wi-Fi card & SBC-2Wire Hom..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:26:47 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Can anyone offer set-up help? I've installed the card software onto the T3,
entered the SSID and the WEP key, and the device shows that it connects with
a strong signal, but when I try to use WebPro (3.0) I get error messages
saying that it can't find a host or the proxy server... Thanks!
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:54:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 26-Dec-2004, "John Lough" <john.lough@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Can anyone offer set-up help? I've installed the card software onto the
> T3,
> entered the SSID and the WEP key, and the device shows that it connects
> with
> a strong signal, but when I try to use WebPro (3.0) I get error messages
> saying that it can't find a host or the proxy server... Thanks!

I'm using version 3.5 (Zire72) hope this helps. From WebPro, go to
Options/Preferences/Advanced and check the proxy settings. If you want to
use the Palm Proxy, mine is set to: webpro.palm.com:8827
Try unchecking this option also to not use the proxy.

WyreNut

--
If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 7:52:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately I'm still having problems. I've made sure I've got the right
proxy server entered, and I've tried browsing without the proxy server as
well. Still no luck. I'm not able to connect using Versamail either. It's
strange. The T3 shows that it's connected with a strong signal, but it
doesn't appear to be able to access the internet. My network at home is
through a SBC/2Wire HomePortal 1000SW. Everything appears to be set up
right, I'm wondering if maybe it's an issue with my router or my DSL
provider. I saw a post on a different thread where there was another SBC
subscriber having problems connecting with the Wi-Fi card too. I'm going to
try taking it to a public hotspot and see if I can connect there...

"WyreNut" <me@home.org> wrote in message
news:0jHzd.289348$HA.212362@attbi_s01...
>
> On 26-Dec-2004, "John Lough" <john.lough@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone offer set-up help? I've installed the card software onto the
> > T3,
> > entered the SSID and the WEP key, and the device shows that it connects
> > with
> > a strong signal, but when I try to use WebPro (3.0) I get error messages
> > saying that it can't find a host or the proxy server... Thanks!
>
> I'm using version 3.5 (Zire72) hope this helps. From WebPro, go to
> Options/Preferences/Advanced and check the proxy settings. If you want to
> use the Palm Proxy, mine is set to: webpro.palm.com:8827
> Try unchecking this option also to not use the proxy.
>
> WyreNut
>
> --
> If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 9:16:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

John Lough wrote:
> Thanks for the response!
>
> Unfortunately I'm still having problems. I've made sure I've got the
right
> proxy server entered, and I've tried browsing without the proxy
server as
> well. Still no luck. I'm not able to connect using Versamail either.
It's
> strange. The T3 shows that it's connected with a strong signal, but
it
> doesn't appear to be able to access the internet. My network at home
is
> through a SBC/2Wire HomePortal 1000SW. Everything appears to be set
up
> right, I'm wondering if maybe it's an issue with my router or my DSL
> provider. I saw a post on a different thread where there was another
SBC
> subscriber having problems connecting with the Wi-Fi card too. I'm
going to
> try taking it to a public hotspot and see if I can connect there...
>
> "WyreNut" <me@home.org> wrote in message
> news:0jHzd.289348$HA.212362@attbi_s01...
> >
> > On 26-Dec-2004, "John Lough" <john.lough@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone offer set-up help? I've installed the card software
onto the
> > > T3,
> > > entered the SSID and the WEP key, and the device shows that it
connects
> > > with
> > > a strong signal, but when I try to use WebPro (3.0) I get error
messages
> > > saying that it can't find a host or the proxy server... Thanks!
> >
> > I'm using version 3.5 (Zire72) hope this helps. From WebPro, go to
> > Options/Preferences/Advanced and check the proxy settings. If you
want to
> > use the Palm Proxy, mine is set to: webpro.palm.com:8827
> > Try unchecking this option also to not use the proxy.
> >
> > WyreNut
> >
> > --
> > If you had to ~run~ for your life, how long would you live?



I have my PalmOne Wi-Fi card installed in my Zire72s and have the same
problem with my router... and my router is a 2Wire, too, but with a
different provider. It looks like the Proxy Address "webpro.palm.com"
does not exists!! Palm was to be the top of the line but I am very
dissapointed on this Wi-Fi card. Do anyone have any idea???? :-(
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 11:03:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"SkullTracer" <skulltracer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1104977815.374230.310220@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I have my PalmOne Wi-Fi card installed in my Zire72s and have the same
> problem with my router... and my router is a 2Wire, too, but with a
> different provider. It looks like the Proxy Address "webpro.palm.com"
> does not exists!! Palm was to be the top of the line but I am very
> dissapointed on this Wi-Fi card. Do anyone have any idea???? :-(

I have the card in a T3 and it works fine at work. I don't have a
wireless router at home so cannot test it. But it does work as
advertised in my normal WiFi work environment.

--

gcisko@hotmail.com
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 6:42:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

John Lough wrote:
> Can anyone offer set-up help? I've installed the card software onto the T3,
> entered the SSID and the WEP key, and the device shows that it connects with
> a strong signal, but when I try to use WebPro (3.0) I get error messages
> saying that it can't find a host or the proxy server... Thanks!
>
>
I have had similar problems with a Zire72s connecting to my Netgear
wireless gateway. I solved the problem by allocating a fixed IP address
to the Wi-Fi card's MAC address within the router and it has worked
perfectly since. I was hoping the problem was with the gateway (despite
three PCs working fine) as I would like to use the Zire/Wi-Fi card combo
at hotspots where I will not be able to allocate a fixed IP address.
!