kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I'm not sure where to post this, but can't find anything about beamers, so decided to post it in "Graphic & Displays"

So I have this friend, who decided he wants to buy a Beamer for his Xbox and Computer. He asked me for some help, but I'm not sure what to say.
He's using the beamer on his white wall, and always on the same spot.. The requirements are: 1920x1080 resolution, responsive enough for gaming.

Where do I have to look for?
Are there even affordable beamers for gaming? < €500
Any suggestions?

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I assume by beamer you are talking about a projector? (not trying to correct you, just checking)

Projectors (especially 1080p) are usually quite expensive, here in the states they start at ~800$ and most are more than 1000$.

Setting up a projector also takes quite a lot of space and money, as you want it to be 3 or 4 meters away, and you need a solid mounting setup that you aren't going to hit your head on, and the 1000$ projector doesn't fall out of. Beyond that, there's special paints that work better for projecting on (white paint works, but it's not great), and all kinds of other stuff to 'improve' the experience.

It's an expensive project, and it can become a huge money-pit :)

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
aw yeah, my friend is looking at getting a beamer. he's looking at the 128i, but i think he can get more car w/ something like an STi, accord v6, altima v6, focus st, evo, mustang v6, or camaro v6. perconally, i really want a focus st, u seen the new Need For Speed commercial? ;)