Tech: Space Jam is now a Smoke Jam

Howdy group! I'm long winded, bear with me..

I went out on a call to a private home yesterday to look at a Space Jam
that "didn't work". The owner had bought it awhile ago from a local
seller and tells me it worked for about a week and quit. The seller
has blown them off, so they called us.

I get there and see the game won't boot, only GI. I have a look in
the head to check power/fuses and there is obvious burn damage to the
switch column circuits on the CPU board. Smoked resistors, blown open
transistor, damaged traces....

Looking at the machine I note the coin door is completly stripped of
everything, inlcuding coin return doors, reject buttons, the works, and
the coin door wiring harness is folded back and taped into the cab. On
closer inpection I found the culprit, the 110vac connector for a bill
validator is bundled up against the tilt plumb bob and shorted sending
110vac out onto the switch matrix.

So, I get the game back into the shop, fix the short and start checking
the extent of the damage. It looks bad, It appears that the 110vac
made it past U203, and out onto the data line(s). Around half of the
logic chips are too hot to touch after about 30 seconds (board on
bench, only +5, +12 and gnd connected).

It looks like I'm in for a long haul with this one and I'm expecting
most of the logic on the board to be junk, pretty much everything on
the data line is probably damaged. So, this brings me to my questions:

Has anybody ever run into this situation on one of these CPU boards?

Does anybody have the setup and code to program the PALs for me
(PAL16L8's)? I don't have the adapter for them and would rather not
buy one just for this.

Does anybody have a CPU board they would like to sell?

Thanks,
Paul

I'd say send it to a competent repair facility and
see if they can help. If you don't have the proper
tools or skills tor troubleshoot this, you will be
wasting a lot of time, and perhaps do even more
damage along the way. Send ALL the boards.
They are probably all damaged.

Of course, purchasing another board set is an
alternative.
--
Fred
TX