Any other NASCAR games in Bay Area?

Are there any other NASCAR sightings in the Bay Area (near San
Francisco, CA, US)?

I've got an itching to play, and don't want to drive all the way down
to Sunnyvale only to find the test car is still broken.... :)

Josh

There's one at the new Century Theatre in Pleasant Hill. They also
have T3, LOTR and a rough RCT. I enjoyed playing the Nascar and didn't
have to wait to get on it.

GregO.

On 4 Sep 2005 17:21:45 -0700, "Krellan" <krellan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Are there any other NASCAR sightings in the Bay Area (near San
>Francisco, CA, US)?
>
>I've got an itching to play, and don't want to drive all the way down
>to Sunnyvale only to find the test car is still broken.... :)
>
>Josh

It's not the Bay Area (unless you're willing to drive an hour and a
half), but Modesto has one at Yosemite Lanes (bowling alley).

Mark

all the century theaters in CALIF. have the new nascar pin.
Timathie

"Greg O." <gregory.ong@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There's one at the new Century Theatre in Pleasant Hill. They also
> have T3, LOTR and a rough RCT. I enjoyed playing the Nascar and didn't
> have to wait to get on it.
>
> GregO.
>

> On 4 Sep 2005 17:21:45 -0700, "Krellan" <krellan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Are there any other NASCAR sightings in the Bay Area (near San
>>Francisco, CA, US)?
>>
>>I've got an itching to play, and don't want to drive all the way down
>>to Sunnyvale only to find the test car is still broken.... :)
>>
>>Josh

Wow, all of them? I'll check at Bayfair today (where I am nearest).
That would be sweet if they get a new game in, as their LOTR and RCT
are both blown.

JC

wolfus wrote:
> all the century theaters in CALIF. have the new nascar pin.
> Timathie

Nope. The Century Theatre in Daly City did not.

It *does* have R*C*T (still?!). It *does* have a Terminator 3 with a
busted right flipper. It *does* have a L0TR with a broken Legolas
switch, two broken path of the dead switches, and a flaky Merry switch.
Oh, and some tired pop bumpers, as well as an interesting ramp where
the Gimli saucer is. Hit it hard and you air ball *directly* into the
P0td tower. Which works until you actually *want* Gimli.

Would you believe that despite all these defects I still had a good
time?
I mean, I had to colelct Legolas by Palintir or by losing a ball, but
Hey! This game rocks. :) (Impossible to finish most modes and
multiballs though).
-JC-

I checked the Century Theatres Bayfair tonight, and was disappointed to
see that they did NOT have NASCAR.

Know when they are getting it? If they are truly getting them in
chain-wide, then my guess is they will install them over time instead
of all at once.

I'm guessing RCT and LOTR were also purchased chain-wide, as Bayfair
has them (as did pretty much every Century theatre I've been to, in the
area).

To me, it would seem to make more sense if Century were to just get a
few of every game that comes out, and rotate them into various
theatres, instead of pouncing on just one game every 2 years or so and
installing it chain-wide. That way, players get to have a wide variety
of games, and Century doesn't risk taking a bath on a bad game.

Still, it would be nice if Century were to replace the broken switches
in their games. It impressed me how clean they keep their playfields!
Clean and broken, sigh....

Maybe this is limited to only the larger/popular theatres, for now.

Bayfair still doesn't have it.

Century 25 Union Landing, though, does! I just went in there today and
found it there. There's a little problem with the plunger (the switch
that's supposed to be in the plunger lane is misadjusted and has moved
a little, and now slightly blocks the lane itself, and you have to
repeatedly bash it out of the way with the ball before it lets you
launch the ball fully)....