Sign in with
Your question

problems after deleting quicktime

Last response: in Applications
October 28, 2002 11:32:34 PM

I deleted quicktime off of my system because I could not get it to work correctly and after doing so I am having problems downloading files. Now everytime I download a mpeg it downloads as a Quicktime file. It's really crazy because I do not have quicktime on my computer anymore. If you can help me with this problem I sure can use it. I am running win98se, 256mb, 30gb, 400 mgz. Quicktime was deleted from the add and remove program. I even tried reinstalling quicktime and unchecking everything and then unintalling it completely. Now I get quicktime files when I download mpg files. These files at one time played on Mic Media.
October 29, 2002 12:35:10 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED

I had to go into hte folder options. mpg files was not listed but quicktime still had entries listed so I changed the quicktime movie entrie to open and close using windows media player and also changed the icon to windows player. I will never and I mean never download that junk quicktime player again. It reminds me during the time when I had AOL and wanted to get rid of it. Again that's for all of your help on my problem. If anyone know of a good free program to watch mov. files please let me know. If not one I can purchase.
!