System 1 boards and displays...Cost?

Please let me know what you think. How much would a set of boards and
displays cost for a System 1 game? Ebay or here? Can all System 1
boards be used in all of the different System 1 games? There are a
bunch on ebay, but I wanted to see what the group thinks a fair price
would be. Anyone parting out a game :) Hunting for games and parts
turns out to be a lot of fun!

Thanks for your help,
Scott

> would be. Anyone parting out a game :) Hunting for games and parts
> turns out to be a lot of fun!

Like in other areas of pinball, you'll soon find it to become addicting.

Gosh, I sold some displays a long time ago, don't know if the buyer reads
this, if so, please chime in. I think displays were $10 each, about $40 for
the boards, as is. Also threw in a parts board as well.

--Eric

eagle4@zoominternet.net wrote:
> Please let me know what you think. How much would a set of boards and
> displays cost for a System 1 game? Ebay or here?
Can all System 1
> boards be used in all of the different System 1 games?

The CPU needs the correct letter prom for the game it's being used for
installed

There are a
> bunch on ebay, but I wanted to see what the group thinks a fair price
> would be.

Just about any pcb board on eBay that isn't guaranteed to be working
100%, will be a dead board needing repair. Sellers have many inventful
ways of making a buyer think there may be a chance it will work -
almost never does...not 100% anyway.

Anyone parting out a game :) Hunting for games and parts
> turns out to be a lot of fun!

It can be fun, some boards and parts are next to impossible to find,
and can be why a dead game was cheap. System 1's arn't to bad in that
regard though. --zTim

> Thanks for your help,
> Scott

Frog

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002

ni wumpf is a replacement system 1 cpu board, runs ~180 or so. Original
boards, while effective if functioning and modified correctly have lots of
parts that are NLA. Pascal Janin also made some replacement boards the Pi 1
and PiX4, but those are hard to come by, but worth the effort. Gsound is
making a replacement sound board. Jim Knight/Rottendog amusements makes a
replacement power supply. Only board missing is the driver board in terms
of aftermarket replacements. But the driverboards can be repaired.

"Eric Schmitt" <ericjschmitt@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > would be. Anyone parting out a game :) Hunting for games and parts
> > turns out to be a lot of fun!
>

> Like in other areas of pinball, you'll soon find it to become addicting.
>
> Gosh, I sold some displays a long time ago, don't know if the buyer reads
> this, if so, please chime in. I think displays were $10 each, about $40
for
> the boards, as is. Also threw in a parts board as well.
>
> --Eric

I think with the help of the System 1 repair sites and the people here
I will be OK to fix the boards...if the Rockwell chips arn't bad. The
game doesn't have any boards so I'll need to find some. I'll just
stick it in the garage with the other five projects that will start
getting some love as soon as my work around the house is done :( Late
Fall and Winter seem to be the best times for me to get out and start
working on the things I've hoarded over the Summer. Thanks for your
help, If you are going to be parting out a game shoot me a line.

Thanks,
Scott

Good news: Pascal changed his production process so that the boards are
available all the time and you no longer have to wait for him to make a
run of boards. He managed to do it without impacting on the price too.

Regards,
Peter

That sure makes it nice for impulse buyers! :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
==============================
Peter Hall wrote:

> Good news: Pascal changed his production process so that the boards are
> available all the time and you no longer have to wait for him to make a
> run of boards. He managed to do it without impacting on the price too.

I can sell you a full set of tested and working boards which includes a
clean, non-corroded MPU with a lithium battery and slam-switch mod,
driver board, power supply, 4 6-digit score displays and one 4-digit
credit display for $315 shipped anywhere in the USA.

eagle4@zoominternet.net wrote:
> Please let me know what you think. How much would a set of boards and
> displays cost for a System 1 game? Ebay or here? Can all System 1
> boards be used in all of the different System 1 games? There are a
> bunch on ebay, but I wanted to see what the group thinks a fair price
> would be. Anyone parting out a game :) Hunting for games and parts
> turns out to be a lot of fun!
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Scott

Wow, not a bad price for a whole board set with displays and all, a
bargain in fact. If I needed it i'd jump on that (damn tempted w/o
needing them). Heck the displays would run $120/130 alone. Figure
$150 for the nice CPU with the battery & SS mod., $50/60 for the power
supply, $65/70 for the driver board, and then shipping... assuming your
getting them peice meal off eBay would add up to a lofty bill by
itself.

zTim