Connection problems

Hello, if this thread isn't in the right category, please move it for me. Anyways, heres the facts.

1.I've got a Fujitsu M2010 with an Atheros AR5007EG network adapter.

2. I've just gotten over a W32.Ramnit virus. However, a Backdoor.tidserv virus under the file name "netbt.sys" is still attempting to copy itself in the file path C:\windows\system32\drivers\

3. When I try to connect to a Netgear wireless-N router, I get the "Invalid IP address" after attempting to connect with and without a wire (via Atheros network adapter) in the LAN connection status window and wireless network connection status window under the support tab. (address type: invalid ip address, ip address: 0.0.0.0, subnet mask: 0.0.0.0, default gateway: 'blank')

4. When I used my friend's verizon wireless hotspot, I was able to connect, but addresses I try to enter on Google Chrome will not load until 3-5 minutes later.

Does this sound fishy or is it really bad? :??:

PS: I was only able to load sites related to Yahoo.com all other sites never did respond.
5 answers Last reply
More about connection problems
  1. It's a malware issue for sure. If possible, install Malwarebytes (it's free), boot into safe mode, and run a scan. If everything goes right, you should be good to go.
  2. I don't know if I go along with buwish about it being malware, looks to be a full-blown virus. Although Malwarebytes is good to run, you may need some stronger juju.

If your anti-virus software is working, do a full scan. I would suggest installing 2 different ones and running a scan with each. Not at the same time of-course.
  3. I already scanned with Symantec and Malwarebytes. NOTHING was detected. Also, the Backdoor.tidserv classified virus is still attempting to copy itself under the filename netbt.sys
  4. SoulLess7 said:
    I already scanned with Symantec and Malwarebytes. NOTHING was detected. Also, the Backdoor.tidserv classified virus is still attempting to copy itself under the filename netbt.sys

That's why I recommended you install and scan with another anti-virus software. Don't keep it installed, but run a scan with Windows Defender, Avira, those may be able to clear out the virus. You may need to run the scans in Safe Mode.
  5. Yea, well I'm not able to install all of these anti-virus softwares without connections to the internet. I installed a few, but they weren't able to scan since the definitions were not up to date.
Ask a new question

Read More

IP Address Connection Laptops