intel p4 prescott 3,4 socket 775

martin_theman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004
i wonderd what the best way to cool down a p4 prescott is... or is it possible? im putting together a computer for first time and i wounder which coolers and towers are best to keep system temp and cpu temp as low as possible without jumping to expencive [-peep-] like water cooling ect. (excuse my english, im norwegian) i also wounder if anyone coud sugest a computer that is good do video editing.. (im also buying monitor and speakers)

Martin

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The best way to cool a Prescott is of course to just not use the Prescott. :\ Seriously, if you're building a new PC, I'd just go with an A64 and save yourself that headache. New Scotties are meant to be coming with better power and thermal, but until then...

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
If you have to use the P4 Prescott, go with high cfm fans because you are going to need to push lot of air; both intake and exhaust from the case. Remember to keep your system free of dust and debris on a regular basis.

If you truly want a power video editing machine, take a look at SGI's Tezro series. Throw in the Octane Video board (provides two independent input and two independent output channels of uncompressed SMPTE 259M, CCIR-601 serial digital video. The video can be PAL or NTSC timing and 8 or 10 bits per component. The two 4:2:2 inputs can be used together for a dual-link signal with video and key. Octane Digital Video provide broadcast-quality real-time video I/O for the Octane systems. It is the ideal solution for the post-production and broadcast professional who needs to get video in and out of the system at the highest quality in real time) and you'll be breezing through your vid projects.

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>

endyen

Splendid
The secret to keeping a prescott cool, is really good airflow. I would use a built-in vacuum for exhaust, and a 3 Kw air conditioner for intake, but you may not have to go that extreme.

evulboo

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
standered hsf for prescott imo is crap, i got the hyper6 hsf + extra fan and it works blinding :) mind u mine is a 2.8

i have a post somwhere about the hyper6 hsf which i benchmarked,i will try find it for you,

If u do things right.... People won't be sure you've done anything at all......

evulboo

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
found it

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=682496#682496" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=682496#682496</A>

If u do things right.... People won't be sure you've done anything at all......

TRENDING THREADS