Looking for some help choosing a gaming monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandpamasaki

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I've been sifting through the posts for a while (there are quite a few with this criteria) but I'm just getting more tired and confused, so I figured I would just create a new post regarding my specific situation. Sorry if this is a question that gets asked a lot on on this forum.

I'm putting a new build together and need a new LCD monitor. I'm looking for the following:

1920x1080
Between 22" and 25"
At least 1 HDMI input for PS3
5ms refresh rate or better
60hz
My budget is between $150 and $200 (before rebates)

US, CA resident. I prefer Amazon because I get hit with taxes from Newegg.

I used to have an Asus vw266h that I really liked, but unfortunately I had to part with it.

I was originally going to go with the Asus vh242h but the price on Amazon recently jumped (no longer free shipping) and in doing some more research I'm not sure if this is the best option for me.

I was not looking for a backlit screen, but the prices have converged much more since the last time I was seriously looking, to the point that there are backlit and non-backlit models within my price range that seem to be of similar quality. I always assumed backlit cost more money? I've also heard that Samsung monitors are pretty high quality, and that they have a zero-dead pixel policy. Is the Samsung B2330 any good?

Thanks, and sorry again for asking what is probably a tired question.

grandpamasaki

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
You might try this Asus VE247H 1080p 23.6" LED-Backlit Monitor $160.
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d289607&ru=28908286
Looks cool stuff. It might serve your needs well. Hope u find the best bet. Good luck.

Thanks, I like the look of that thing! $184 on Amazon, free shipping and $10 rebate. This is what I'm talking about, the price is identical (within $4) to the other monitor I was looking at, but it has a better response time and is backlit. Why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.