travel back in time with the cpu!!!!!

newdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2004
Okay hopefully this will get some people to read this forum wondering if maybe this guys watched on to many Back to the future movies. Seriously, Have you guys ever just decided to check out the cpu archives just for the heck of it, if not just for laugh or a trip down memory lane(and not computer memory)? It's Funny to see what everyone was talking about in the 2001 or 2002 cpu archives. i was reading some of the forums to see what people thought would be the future of cpu's and predict were AMD and INTEL would be in the future and it's cool to see how things have changed. Have you ever read an article that you wrote to give someone advise on or just wrote to get advice. I wonder Out of some of the people that wrote a forum in the 2001 cpu guide still have most of the same parts in there computer but maybe with just a little upgrade here or there, like a better cpu or video card. In 2001 we or you guys(since i haven't been on this community that long) were talking about 64mb video cards, athlon 1900 xps, 20 gig hard drive. Now we're talking about Athlon 64 2.6, 1 ghz frontside bus ;instead, of xp 1900 233 mgz frontside bus, duel sli video card boards,and half life 2, and 200 gig hard drives. Well I wonder what we'll be talking about in cpu forum 2007 and lauging about in cpu archive 2004????????????? . Maybe Cpu that have THe processor and system memory in one, 600 gig hard drives, or 1024 mb video cards with directx 13????? Well i guess we'll have to wait and see.

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
We'll be running Longhorn and will have some pretty powerful hardware by today's standards.

----------------------
PIV 2.4c @ 3.12ghz
1gig PC3200 (512mbx2)
ASUS P4P800
GF3 Ti200 64mb (soon to be replaced)
WinXP Pro
3DMark2001SE: 6453
3DMark2003: 746

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Cyrix Will have a CPU that trounces Intel and AMD's offerings. Maybe.

AMD will release the FX-99 which <i>still</i> runs at 2.6Ghz but has 8Mb of Cache :lol:

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
In 2007 we'll have CPU's cut from diamond wafers using an electron beam at 45 nm. IBM will discover an easy way to do all this in October 2005 and impress us all with a transistor that runs 115GHz at 27nm, then license the technology cheaply to AMD (part of a technology agreement), forcing Intel to follow suit. AMD processors will suddenly jump from 2.6GHz to 4GHz with dual cores. Intel will try to trump them with a core that uses a 256-bit interface, dual cores, and massively parallel execution. Will Intel succeed? Find out more in 2007!

Anyone want to guess?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Aidanoridania

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
we will be typing on longhorn while microsoft is announcing their new OS unicorn

meanwhile crashes will still happen and they will say "it's normal"

while we play games we can cook our instant food on intel's processor as a new feature or maybe we have to build our systems into a freezer this all launched under a trend of

"domestic computers change our lifestyle"

who knows? :lol:

<font color=purple><i> Enosi and I.... </i></font color=purple>