Best gaming headset for my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012
Hello,
I am looking for he best gaming headset for my budget which is around $160 I'd like to not go higher but if I have too I will. I know Astro just put their A40 down to $149 but that's without the Mixtape. From my understanding I cant get 7.1 without it so not sure If I wanna get the A40 or not. if their are and better option out their would be great :) ty!

Solution
the a40's are a solid set of cans but I agree with coolitic's recommendation on the soundblaster model. The Tactic 3d rage is a good buy for $100 and have a surprisingly long battery life .

If your cap is $160 though, know that you also have the option of bumping up to the Tactic 3d Omega - they're similar models (both usb wireless, 50mm drivers, etc.) but the omegas are cross-platform. i play a ton of xbox so it's a nice plus, but if you're not a console gamer then it's not too important.

the glowing lights on the earcups look pretty sweet too :D

best of luck with your decision buddy

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
the a40's are a solid set of cans but I agree with coolitic's recommendation on the soundblaster model. The Tactic 3d rage is a good buy for $100 and have a surprisingly long battery life .

If your cap is $160 though, know that you also have the option of bumping up to the Tactic 3d Omega - they're similar models (both usb wireless, 50mm drivers, etc.) but the omegas are cross-platform. i play a ton of xbox so it's a nice plus, but if you're not a console gamer then it's not too important.

the glowing lights on the earcups look pretty sweet too :D

best of luck with your decision buddy

Solution

ridd21

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2012

Ty both :) I'll look into it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.