Sign in with
Your question

One of My Drive is not Accessable...

Last response: in Windows 7
December 13, 2012 11:22:24 AM

Hello,
Hi,
I am using OS 7. One Day suddenly a Pop Up message displayed and shown as E: Drive Corrupted. After Restarting my System The Drive is Not Opening, And it is mention in the drive NTFS. after opening the drive a message is display. E: is not accessable . Acess is denied. If someone can help me out to reopen my E drive with out formatting. I would be thankful to him. Waiting for a Post reply....

Thanks!!!
Vicky...

More about : drive accessable

December 13, 2012 11:35:23 AM

vickyluvsall said:
Hello,
Hi,
I am using OS 7. One Day suddenly a Pop Up message displayed and shown as E: Drive Corrupted. After Restarting my System The Drive is Not Opening, And it is mention in the drive NTFS. after opening the drive a message is display. E: is not accessable . Acess is denied. If someone can help me out to reopen my E drive with out formatting. I would be thankful to him. Waiting for a Post reply....

Thanks!!!
Vicky...

Pop Up?!? Full/Deep Scan your system with and Antivirus, such as malwarebytes. I will not be suprised if it comes up with a fake program.
m
l
December 13, 2012 1:25:45 PM

I agree with exban. In addition to malwarebytes do you have a regular antivirus installed? Microsoft Security Essentials or AVG are free and work quite well. If you already have Norton or McAfee, make sure they are up to date and run a full scan after you run malwarebytes. Get back to us after you do that if you need more help.
m
l
December 14, 2012 4:40:08 PM

Quote:
Corrupted drive problem sometimes can be really tricky because it may cause some physical or logical damage to your drive.
However, you also could firstly try to restore your inner important files and then format it to see whether it could work as before. According to my searching and experience at this aspect, I would recommend you to run a reliable free recovery utility, which I do have used to retrieve my inaccessible files from the corrupted drive. I remember I get it from a popular forum like you. Go try it!
Note for you:
1. Do not write new files on this drive to overwrite your original data, which can make your data gone permanently.
2. Do not save your recovered files on the same drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Back up you data in the future in case of similar problem.

Good idea, but make sure the warnings arn't fake first.
m
l
!