Sign in with
Your question

Please help a computer newbie!!

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 5, 2010 8:25:23 PM

Hello Everyone!

I have been surfing this website and the internet for the past two days trying to find a new laptop which will run Starcraft II but I seem to be getting more and more confused. I am a college student who already has a laptop but it is old and won't work for SC 2. I have been going crazy because I can't figure out which graphic card will work.

The thing is, I already have one laptop and just wanted to get another one because I want to play the game. I'm trying to find the cheapest laptop which will allow me to play the game. I really don't need to play the game at Ultra or High graphic settings, the lowest graphic setting would be just find.

I was wondering if this setup would work;

Components

* • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* • AMD Athlon(TM) II Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs N330 (2.3GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
* • ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4250 Graphics [VGA]
* • 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* • 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Thank you very much!
Sara

More about : computer newbie

August 5, 2010 9:30:18 PM

You DONT want to play on the lowest settings... I have a friend who's playing it on THE LOWEST possible settings and it just ruins the game. It literally looks like Starcraft 1, which obviously is 10+ years old

I'm actually upgrading laptops... I have an Asus G72gx 17" laptop i'm about to list on ebay/CL for sale. It plays starcraft 2 on high for hours with no issues at all... runs cool the whole time. $720 if you're interested.
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2010 9:39:39 PM

Sara7704 said:
Hello Everyone!

I have been surfing this website and the internet for the past two days trying to find a new laptop which will run Starcraft II but I seem to be getting more and more confused. I am a college student who already has a laptop but it is old and won't work for SC 2. I have been going crazy because I can't figure out which graphic card will work.

The thing is, I already have one laptop and just wanted to get another one because I want to play the game. I'm trying to find the cheapest laptop which will allow me to play the game. I really don't need to play the game at Ultra or High graphic settings, the lowest graphic setting would be just find.

I was wondering if this setup would work;

Components

* • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* • AMD Athlon(TM) II Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs N330 (2.3GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
* • ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4250 Graphics [VGA]
* • 2GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* • 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Thank you very much!
Sara

That graphics card would barely scrape by the minimum specs... though i really don't think you would like to play on that. What's your price range?
Related resources
August 5, 2010 10:22:05 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Ideally I don't want to play on the lowest settings but I'm kind of in a situation where beggars can't be chosers. If possible, I'm looking for something under $600. Do you think thats a fantasy?

Thanks again!
August 5, 2010 10:26:56 PM

not if you are willing to buy somethign 15" used on ebay. If you're going for brand new... check out logicbuy.com sometimes they have hot deals on a laptop with a geforce 230m or 320m video. that'd saffice for medium settings, which are 10000x better than low
!