Ultra high performance laptp

Hi, I'm buying a laptop for work/gaming and need something very high end but still very portable. I will be doing heavy CAD, video rendering, and gaming. My budget is around $3,500. I'm thinking something like a Core i7, SSD, etc. I have looked at the HP Envy line and Sony Vaio Z's. Does anyone have any opinions on these or similar machines? Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about ultra high performance laptp
  1. Check out the Asus G73-jh can get top notch hardware for around $1500. They run abotu $2000 with an SSD and blueray
  2. Falcon Northwest. They start at about $1700. They custom build a machine to your specs.
  3. If you're doing serious CAD work, i'd consider a workstation laptop. I know dell offers custom built laptop workstations
  4. toolinthemist said:
    If you're doing serious CAD work, i'd consider a workstation laptop. I know dell offers custom built laptop workstations

+1^

If you are going to be using a laptop for pro graphics/CAD etc..., get one with a pro video card, will speed up the application quite a bit.

From a build-quality, I like Lenovo W series, you'll be hard pressed to find a sturdier case and keyboard in a laptop.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=FB35C8C3EB6B4076848E1488F7083D90&ipromoID=usptptmcb00732&
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Performance Laptops