Sign in with
Your question
Closed

LED Gaming Monitor Recommendation?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 11, 2011 7:03:09 PM

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new LCD/LED monitor

I want to use it for gaming, also for Image editing & designing (so colors&picture quality is important to me )

21" - 24"

HDMI: for ps3

budget: $250 ~ $300

I was thinking about Samsung s24a350hs, what do you think?

I'm new to buying desktop flat monitors so bear with me :sweat:  . Your advice is much appreciated :) 
October 13, 2011 5:51:11 AM

Samsung S24A350H is a the latest 24 inch LCD gaming monitor,it uses the 2011 years SA350 series new style design .A lot of glossy transparent material, and the back of the brushed metal frame design sense of style adding what makes the product itself highlights the feeling of luxury fashion. It is very suitable for home entertainment users choose.

Best solution

October 13, 2011 5:53:42 AM

Oh geez. Well, for image editing and designing, I would recommend an IPS. However, given your price point and your preference for an HDMI, that's quite impossible.

One option is you could pick up a TN panel display and get the color calibration settings and ICC profile from a site. We do happen to have those for the reviews we do.

Or...

Get an IPS and a HDMI-to-DVI converter. You should be able to plug your PS3 that way.

Check out this IPS from ViewSonic:

ViewSonic VP2365WB 23-Inch IPS LCD Monitor

Keep in mind, I've never actually used it but it seems to have really good reviews.

Hope this has helped.

Andy H.
Related resources
October 13, 2011 10:32:32 AM

@hiok: ok, it seems like a suitable choice I guess. Thanks ;) 

@best-gaming-monitor:
I see, in spite of my budget, what IPS monitor would you recommend ?
and about the HDMI-to-DVI converter, what about audio?
Thanks a lot for your help ;) 

PS: I read about ASUS PA238Q IPS LED monitor, what do you think about it ?
October 14, 2011 5:46:09 PM

Probably the Dell 2412m. It's $375 but its an update to the Dell U2410. It has the HDMI port that you need, great color accuracy and it's an IPS.

Here's the review from TFT Central:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

Yeah the HDMI-to-DVI converter might not send an audio signal. I'm not 100% sure because I thought this was always the case, but surprisingly I have a PC hooked up with a DVI adapter connected to an HDMI cable and audio is able to route to my HDTV.

Ah, I completely forgot about ASUS's IPS displays. The truth is, it is VERY SIMILAR to Dell's offerings. I would go so far as to say their PA248Q is near identical to the Dell U2410. The only exception is a few extra USB ports and I forgot what else.

In any case, it's a great monitor. If you have to budget for it, I'd go for it. Get it from Amazon or a store that offers a no hassle return policy. (30 days with Amazon)

Andy H.
October 20, 2011 1:43:12 PM

Best answer selected by Ghostino.
a c 281 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
October 21, 2011 1:24:04 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!