tech: JP lights and other oddities

A few questions about this Jurassic Park that I rescued and am in the
process of getting to actually work the way it should.

The upper flipper doesn't stay up. Is this supposed to happen? I
noticed that there's no EOS on this flipper, but that still seems like
odd behavior.

The extra ball light is always lit during game play (it doesn't pay out
unless it should, though.) It acts normally during attract mode. Any
ideas?

On a related subject, the left side of the CRT displays always seem to
flicker during game play-- they're never fully on, never fully off.
Again, during attract mode, they operate normally.

Some of the graphics aren't fully there. The DMD works fine-- during
the course of the game, all the pixels will light up at one point or
another-- but some of the graphics don't show properly. For instance,
the bottom third or so of the "tri-ball" display is black. But the
graphics of the T-Rex breaking out of the cage are all there.

Upper flipper should stay up as long as you are holding the button. Make
sure the flipper button points stay closed, and coil has a diode wired on
right. Then check the flipper board on the left hand side of the cabinet
next for issues.

DMD, try reseating all connectors a few times and see if it improves. LTG :)

"Boyd Bottorff" <bbottorff@nomail.com> wrote in message
> A few questions about this Jurassic Park that I rescued and am in the
> process of getting to actually work the way it should.
>
> The upper flipper doesn't stay up. Is this supposed to happen? I
> noticed that there's no EOS on this flipper, but that still seems like
> odd behavior.
>
> The extra ball light is always lit during game play (it doesn't pay out
> unless it should, though.) It acts normally during attract mode. Any
> ideas?
>
> On a related subject, the left side of the CRT displays always seem to
> flicker during game play-- they're never fully on, never fully off.
> Again, during attract mode, they operate normally.
>
> Some of the graphics aren't fully there. The DMD works fine-- during
> the course of the game, all the pixels will light up at one point or
> another-- but some of the graphics don't show properly. For instance,
> the bottom third or so of the "tri-ball" display is black. But the
> graphics of the T-Rex breaking out of the cage are all there.

Check the voltage output(s) to your display
against what is called for in the schematics.
You may have a failed/failing component in
the high voltage section, or a poor connection
there. Make sure the voltages are close to
what is called for.

The upper flipper should stay up when you hold
the button(s). Clean all of your flipper switches
first. Check fuses on the flipper board.

You may have a shorted diode or a failed transistor
that controls the extra ball lamp.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8