TECH : PoA IJ Circuit Board issue

OK,

Have an IJ w/the lower PoA circuit board not working correctly. The
static light that goes up thru the board stays on correctly. All the
other lights that are supposed to blink are off. Changed bulbs, same
result.

Take an ohm meter to it and there is juice on the source side of every
diode. After the diode, nothing. For all five bulbs though?

I will admit I am not an electronic guru by any means. But for all
diodes to go out?

Thought rather than pounding my head, I would just buy a new board if
the price was reasonable.

The part # is 16747 (from what I can tell). It is the board closest to
the flippers on the PoA.

Dave

bumping back up in case peeps missed this that may know the answer...

pt

I doubt replacing the board would fix the problem, but I've been wrong
before. Are any other lights out? Maybe the start button lamp or the
arrow just in front of the single drop target? If so you may have a
bad lamp column (column 8). You say you have power at the diodes, so
this is probably not it (but easy to check).

Otherwise this could be a connector that is not hooked up. Have you
disconnected anything lately? Maybe while removing the POA? Recheck
all of the connections that you have done recently and also look for
ones that may have come loose on their own. Make sure all the
connectors on the power driver board in the backbox are seated properly
and not loose.

Start there, good luck
John

==================
Are any other lights out?
==================

Nope, except for the yellow lights (and arrow) on the lower half of the
PoA. Every other light on the game is working fine (including the
start button).

==================
Otherwise this could be a connector that is not hooked up. Have you
disconnected anything lately? Maybe while removing the POA? Recheck
all of the connections that you have done recently and also look for
ones that may have come loose on their own. Make sure all the
connectors on the power driver board in the backbox are seated properly

and not loose.
==================

I took the PoA off and checked all of the connections. I should
mention I did a playfield swap as well. But, this problem was there
prior to me doing the playfield swap. I guess I was just hoping this
problem would just go away (hehe, silly me :)

I took a volt meter and show current before the diode on every light.
Just after the Diode nothing. That is why this is soooooo frustrating.

Btw, if there is anyone that lives in the Naperville, IL area out there
that wants to take a shot at this, I would pay for advice (w/cash or
beer, or both :)

I have one other problem right now that is driving me nuts too. The
subwoofer is out and I can't seem to get any further. Thinking about
buying a new sound board.

I have had this machine apart since December doing this total
shopout/decal job. Looks great, just want to play it again.

Dave