TECH: Bally -35 MPU woes

Hope that someone can point me in the right direction here.

I had a 100% working Vector MPU. Took it down to install a remote
battery box and now all I get is a locked on LED. All I did was remove
the NiCad and solder lead wires.

Is there anything I can rule out since it was 100% working before I did
this?

Last repair of the day too. Isn't it always the case?

Jim

>All I did was remove
>the NiCad and solder lead wires.

What condition are the header pins and connector pins? J4, in
particular.

-cody
CARGPB#4

They all look good. No apparent burning or cracked joints.

BTW, I just hooked the board up to a test rig and same locked on LED.

Jim

You got it zTim, it was a bad U9 socket. Must have worked itself loose
when I was removing the NiCad.

Thanks guys!

Jim