HDMI Splitter Issue

Groomaar

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I am running a Xbox360 and a PC on my Westinghouse lcd. My monitor is connected via DVI to a Dongle that converts to HDMI which is then connected to a 3-way hdmi switch. One line is going to my Xbox360, and another hdmi goes to my computer. My computer displays on the monitor fine when it is connected directly, however when it is connected to the switch the monitor will not display (goes into power saver mode). My xbox works through the splitter fine. I have tried different cables, all three ports, and I disabled Ati Event in service. My PC specs are asus m4n72e mobo, 955BE, 8gb Corsair 800mhz, Ati Radeon 6850.

Thanks in advance

Groomaar

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Problem solved, I connected my computer with a dvi to vga dongle and connected it to my monitors vga. I then connected my monitor to my xbox using the same dvi to hdmi dongle. I completely removed the hdmi splitter from the equation. My monitor has a setting to switch inputs. Thanks for the help. I still wonder if there is a way to make the hdmi initialize with the splitter in the loop somehow, but if ain't broke, don't fix it. thanks fro your help scott.

cl-scott

Honorable

If you are able to connect your monitor via HDMI, that would solve the issue if I am correct as to the reason for the problem.