Tags:
  • Cursor
  • Mice
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 7:40:59 PM

hi im new to this and ive never posted anything like this before so i hope its ok lol anyways i was sat on my pc the other day and my mouse cursor suddenly started wiggling about on the screen, when i move the mouse the cursor is responsive and i can still use it to an extent if i turn the settings to lowest possible setting, i have tried another usb mouse and even an old school connection mouse ( sorry dont know what that connection is called) . . . ive ran multiple anti virus programs and malware and spyware programs but i still have got no were, ive even changed the hard drive and installed windows 7 again but it still happens on the other drive too . . . im totally lost and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me

Pc Specs

i7 860 stock
packard bell g5800 motherboard
8gb samsung ddr3 memory
750 watt novatech power station modular psu
gtx 560 ti at stock
gigabyte m6900 gaming mouse
standard usb keyboard

More about : mouse cursor mind

a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 7:50:01 PM

If its a laser based mouse, you could be getting background light triggering the laser, try it on a dark surface and also try adjusting the sensitivity.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 7:53:04 PM

its on a black ozone gaming mouse matt but thank you for posting a comment :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 8:49:36 PM

someone please help me :( 
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 8:51:22 PM

are you sure someone did not dial into your pc remotly and is moving the mouse on you?? have you tried booting into safe mode without network support and see if the mouse work fine. if it does i would use malware and an virus scan :) 
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 8:56:13 PM

I would try the following:
1) Power off. Move the USB connection to different usb port on the PC. Power on.
2) Power off. Replace the mouse using a different usb port on the PC. Power on.
3) Power off. Replace the keyboard using a different usb port on the PC. Power on.

If none of these items work - I would think you have an issue with the USB controller on the motherboard.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 9:07:54 PM

ive tried all them, how would i fix the problem please
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 10:08:00 PM

@smorizio yeh ive tried all that bud . . . no luck
December 13, 2012 10:15:37 PM

I had the same problem, when cleaned my desk surface and went back to a mouse pad it improved. When I cleaned the underside of my mouse and made sure all dust, fur and misc particles were off the laser lens the problem stopped. If that doesn't work try their tech support.

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/technical-supp...
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 10:27:18 PM

it still happens even with no mouse plugged in
December 13, 2012 10:34:54 PM

My mouse does that every once in a while. 99% of the time it means I have to clean the cat hair out of the optical sensor.

Since yours has an optical sensor and not a laser sensor, you have to have something with a visible texture like a grid.
Something with lines in 1 direction (like wood grain) will not work.
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 10:43:27 PM

i use an ozone gaming surface which is black and ive used it for moths with no issues till this problem but thank you for the comments ppl they are much appreciated ;) 
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 9:44:24 AM

i still need help on this issue if anyone had a fix for me :) 
December 15, 2012 4:31:10 AM

@i still need help on this issue if anyone had a fix for me :) 

Like RoninTexas said it has got to be the usb controller on your motherboard, but if the cursor moves without having mouse even plugged in then it also has got to be some sort of driver or registry problem at the same time, but yet again you said that you did a fresh install of windows 7 so this means that the only constant between both installs of windows 7 would be the physical hardware of the computer and the same copy of windows 7 so it could be one of 2 things: 1) faulty motherboard, and/or 2) Corrupt copy of Windows 7. I would start by getting into contact with your motherboard manufacturer and if they cant figure it out call Microsoft and deal with them until resolved.
!