Sign in with
Your question

Hard Drive Failure?

Last response: in Windows 7
December 13, 2012 7:49:43 PM

Everything was fine last night, until I turned on my laptop this morning. It would either not get past the Welcome screen or the Windows screen. Ive tried restoring to a previous date, last known good configuration, everything doesn't work besides logging into safe mode; I am able to log on my desktop through safe mode. I contacted Dell and they said my Hard Drive is faulty due to a Virus or Corrupted file. If I am able to log on through safe mode, is there a way to remove this file/virus? I have a Dell Inspiron n7110

More about : hard drive failure

December 13, 2012 8:03:14 PM

Use safe mode with network and download malwarebytes. install it, update it, and run it.
m
l
December 13, 2012 8:06:02 PM

I've done that, and it detected 2 files, it then says it needs to restart for it to work, but it doesn't fix the problem.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 8:07:19 PM

You'll probably have to re-format.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 13, 2012 8:14:42 PM

TEST YOUR HARDWARE

prime95
furmark
hdtune
memtest

hate people who "oh windows isnt booting just reinstall" you are the poorest tech support ever, useless
m
l
December 14, 2012 1:16:52 PM

Do you have a regular anti-virus? I recommend MSE or AVG for free. If you don't have your own use one of those to scan your system in safe mode with network. Malwarebytes is great but doesn't scan everything. I use it with MSE.
m
l
!