Dimension 2100 MB Upgrade

My Dimension 2100 with a 900 MHz Celeron isn't cutting the mustard anymore.
What are my upgrade options other than the limited CPU upgrade
possibilities? Can I put a micro ATX motherboard in this case? Is it
possible to buy a refurb or replacement Dimension 2400 or 4600 MB from Dell
instead? I understand the Dell cases have several unique features that make
standard MB upgrades rather difficult.

I do like this case though. Its the perfect size to become a lan party PC
for my son.

Thanks,

Brad
2 answers Last reply
More about dimension 2100 upgrade

    It should take a board from a 2300 or 2350. Standard boards won't work
    without major modifications to the wiring and sheet metal.

    You'll still need a new power supply for a P4 board, so just replace the
    case -- it's not worth saving it.

    You'll also need a new copy of Windows if you use a non-Dell board.

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > It should take a board from a 2300 or 2350. Standard boards won't work
    > without major modifications to the wiring and sheet metal.
    >
    > You'll still need a new power supply for a P4 board, so just replace the
    > case -- it's not worth saving it.
    >
    > You'll also need a new copy of Windows if you use a non-Dell board.

    <snip>

    The OP might also run into power switch mb connection problems. Also, that
    2100 original mb is quick release while the 2300 and up boards have screws.
    Not sure if the holes are standard or not.

    Stew

Dell Cases Dimension Computers