Loads of people use it. Infact I have a bottle sitting right next to me now :lol:

Anyway, wrong forum.

-->Cooler and Heatsinks

RichPLS

Champion
is it like the opposite of dry wine (just add water)? just sounds funny to me.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Red Line Water Wetter is widely used but can compromise your watercooling component, it contain a thick oil that tend to separate from the mix due to the very fast pump impeler rotation enthusiast use in their watercooling setups. Once that thick oil has been shaken off from the mix, it will form long tendrils that will stick inside the waterblock, the radiator and tubing.

Try to find a similar product that does'nt contain any oil or lubricants and make sure that you are not using too much of the stuff, higher concentration have a negative impact on the thermal transfer.

I stop using additives made for the automotive industry after I found a sticky film inside my tubing, I flushed the system with methanol to dissolve as much of it as I could and tried Swiftech's HyrdX instead, so far so good, I am even seeing lower full load and idle temps.

C-Systems CSP 750 in-line pump
HW Labs Black Ice Micro rad
Danger Den TDX Waterblock
Kuri Tec Clear Vynil 1/2" ID tubing

Watercooled Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2.6GHz (200MHz x 12.5)
Abit NF7-S V2.0
2x 512MB of Samsung TCC4
Sapphire Radeon 9700 128MB @ 360/310
2x Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM RAID-0

grafixmonkey

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
What are these additives for? Keeping the water from growing algae, or increasing its heat absorbing potential? (having trouble picturing someone needing something that absorbs MORE heat than water, to keep their processor cool.)

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
The main role of additives is to prevent galvanitic corrosion, in pure water, ionic exchange between different metal can seriously degrade components, cause leaks and if left unchecked long enough, can lead to a critical failure.

Most cooling additives also contain surfactants that reduce the water surface tension, therefore increasing the contact area between water and metallic parts. Biological contamination also is an issue that is prevented by the presence of a small amount of biocides and algaecides.

Ultra Violet reactive dies are also very popular in the modding community due to the impressive look they give to a system lit with cold cathodes and UV tubes.

Watercooled Mobile Barton 2500+ @ 2.6GHz (200MHz x 12.5)
Abit NF7-S V2.0
2x 512MB of Samsung TCC4
Sapphire Radeon 9700 128MB @ 360/310
2x Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM RAID-0

grafixmonkey

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2004
And you put up with it that long? Man I'd have thrown the bottle out at the first whiff of that. Please tell me this has a purpose other than lowering your already-low CPU temps by a few degrees.

"Hey if you put a dead fish in the bottom of the case and let it rot, other people won't use your computer while you're gone!"

edit: oh NM, SidVicious answered it while I was making fun of the stuff some more.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by grafixmonkey on 12/03/04 03:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Lol, Ghetto water cooling. I like it.