Sign in with
Your question

Installing a external hard drive on a laptop that was used on a Bell Express Vu

Last response: in Windows 7
December 13, 2012 10:50:05 PM

Hi;
I know that you just have to plug an external hard drive in to a computer and it works right away. My problem is, I used my external hard drive so I could tape TV shows on my Bell Express Vu receiver. I disconnected the external drive and want to use it on my computer but for some reason, I can't get it to work. It shows up under Devices and it's called "Desktop". Can't see what's on it or even open it. Normally they will show up under the same area as you other drives but it won't this time. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

December 16, 2012 11:48:47 AM

The drive would have been formatted to work with the receiver. You'll need to re-format the drive to work with your PC. Unfortunately in the process any data on the drive will be erased.
m
l
December 17, 2012 3:54:48 AM

Thanks Veteran but I got it done now. Just had a little problem trying to figure out how to get it reformatted.
Thanks for the reply..
m
l
Related resources
June 14, 2013 11:56:13 AM

Buckshot67 said:
Thanks Veteran but I got it done now. Just had a little problem trying to figure out how to get it reformatted.
Thanks for the reply..

Could you, or anyone, please share how that can be done, since the PC only recognize the drive as "Desktop" ? Thanks.

m
l
!