Canon Pixma MX515 - Duplex scanning

kazan2012

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi all, does anyone know if the Canon Pixma MX515 can make duplex scan? Specifications states it can handle duplex printing but it's not clear whether or not its ADF paper tray can scan double-sided paper.

I suppose it can't do that. If you read ISO Tests there's no mention about duplex scanning:

http://www.canon.it/Images/MX515_IT_tcm80-904689.pdf

Different ideas? Any help would be higly appreciated. Thank you.

Simmhz

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
After looking and looking, the only way to make copies with double-sided originals is through manual copying on the glass.

Through the ADF can only copy or scan one side. It's a pain, I bought it thinking to make double-sided copies from the ADF.

As you say, not clearly specified anywhere.

kazan2012

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi, thank you for your answer. I finally bought the PIXMA MX715 which has DADF.

It's a pity. Canon should have provided in the software suite a tool for combining pdf odd and even pages automatically scanned.

Christophe Meyer

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
Hello Kazan,

I have the same printer-scanner and it does not. I am very satisfied with the product but it lacked this function.
I have created a tool for MacOSX that does just that!
It allows you to duplex merge PDF documents resulting from a one-side scanner (even pages and uneven pages). Plus it makes it convenient if you have a huge number of files to merge. You can rename, split, merge several files (if there was a paper jam in the scanner for example and therefore you have several files for one side of the document).
You can download it here : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/duplex-scan-premium/id916257299?l=fr&ls=1&mt=12
I hope you will enjoy!

kazan2012

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi Christophe,

Thank you very much for your answer. As I already stated in the post I bought the MX715 which has DADF function but your answer will help who is on budget constraints.

Regards!

ssedtohavs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
good, stated in the post I bought the MX715 which has DADF function but your answer will help who is on budget constraints.
2QF7mT