Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Realtek Audio not showing second set of speakers

Tags:
  • Speakers
  • Audio
  • Gigabyte
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
Anonymous
December 14, 2012 1:39:55 AM

Hi,
So I just switched motherboards from a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 to a Biostar TZ77XE3. With the Gigabyte board, I could plug in both my sets of speakers, having 4 outputting sound at the same time. Now, however, I have my microphone plugged into the pink hole, and my primary speakers plugged into the green hole. However, I've tried plugging in my second set of speakers to every audio plug on the board, and it still seems like it doesn't want to output sound. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager, only the first set of speakers is recognized as being plugged in the analog, but not the second.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

More about : realtek audio showing set speakers

a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 3:37:26 AM

Does your current configuration support a second audio out?

It would have to have dual audio outs from the internal audio and not on the front of the computer either as this is still part of the system board and is primarily used for MIC input and headphones.

According to NEWEGG it has ports on the back panel for 6-channel audio (or surround sound).
m
0
l
Anonymous
December 14, 2012 4:45:43 AM

hedwar2011 said:
Does your current configuration support a second audio out?

It would have to have dual audio outs from the internal audio and not on the front of the computer either as this is still part of the system board and is primarily used for MIC input and headphones.

According to NEWEGG it has ports on the back panel for 6-channel audio (or surround sound).


I'm not too sure if it supports second audio out, as I think the Gigabyte one might have but this one might not. When I plug it into any other jack other than the one currently populated by the working speaker, it doesn't appear or ask me about what I plugged in. Right now I think only one of the jacks work for speakers.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 11:11:05 AM

Anonymous said:
I'm not too sure if it supports second audio out, as I think the Gigabyte one might have but this one might not. When I plug it into any other jack other than the one currently populated by the working speaker, it doesn't appear or ask me about what I plugged in. Right now I think only one of the jacks work for speakers.


One form of audio port output at a time is typically what is seen on motherboards from most of the major vendors unless you happen to luck up and find one that supports dual audio (like your old one did) which in turn it would provide a 2nd set of audio out jacks.
m
0
l
a c 233 $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 12:27:10 PM

You mentioned switching motherboards, but didn't mention if you updated the audio drivers. If you used your old OS on a new board, it probably contains the wrong audio drivers.
m
0
l
Anonymous
December 15, 2012 4:50:10 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
You mentioned switching motherboards, but didn't mention if you updated the audio drivers. If you used your old OS on a new board, it probably contains the wrong audio drivers.


I did try and reinstall the drivers from the new mobo's installation disc as well as manually redownloading Realtek Audio Drivers.

I'm almost positive there's a way, because this motherboard also has side speaker jacks, right? How would I configure it so that one set acts as side speakers and one set acts as front speakers?
m
0
l
a c 233 $ Windows 7
December 17, 2012 11:11:36 AM

I'd check the motherboard manual. Some boards have a jumper that can either redirect the audio or are needed to switch between AC96 and HD audio.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 17, 2012 12:21:14 PM

Anonymous said:
I did try and reinstall the drivers from the new mobo's installation disc as well as manually redownloading Realtek Audio Drivers.

I'm almost positive there's a way, because this motherboard also has side speaker jacks, right? How would I configure it so that one set acts as side speakers and one set acts as front speakers?


According to the Biostar manual , which can be found HERE, it only supports 7.1 audio channels.

I looked through the manual and there is no indication of a jumper setting that would allow you to modify this.
m
0
l
!