Second internal hard drive for Dell Inspiron 8200

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
July 1, 2004 11:16:37 PM

Hi,

I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
internal.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 1, 2004 11:39:01 PM

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:16:37 GMT, Michael <please-ask-me@ask.com> wrote:
> I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
> it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
> laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
> internal.

The Inspiron 8000 can accept a 2nd hard drive module in the module
slot (replacing whatever is usually there: floppy/cd/battery).

--
Dale Dellutri <ddelQQQlutr@panQQQix.com> (lose the Q's)
Anonymous

Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
> it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
> laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
> internal.

Yes you can!!

The 2nd Drive fits in the Media Bay. This is the location that holds the
Floppy Drive!

HTH

Regards,
John
September 1, 2009 8:29:58 AM

Quote:

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:16:37 GMT, Michael <please-ask-me@ask.com> wrote:
> I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
> it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
> laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
> internal.

The Inspiron 8000 can accept a 2nd hard drive module in the module
slot (replacing whatever is usually there: floppy/cd/battery).

--
Dale Dellutri <ddelQQQlutr@panQQQix.com> (lose the Q's)

Would I need a 2nd Hard Drive Media Bay Carrier from Dell (4169D) or could I use the removable floppy drive carrier instead and fit (fiddle) a 2 ½" drive in there. What about the connections and the interface. Any help would be appreciated.
!