Second internal hard drive for Dell Inspiron 8200

Hi,

I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
internal.
3 answers Last reply
More about second internal hard drive dell inspiron 8200

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:16:37 GMT, Michael <please-ask-me@ask.com> wrote:
    > I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
    > it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
    > laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
    > internal.

    The Inspiron 8000 can accept a 2nd hard drive module in the module
    slot (replacing whatever is usually there: floppy/cd/battery).

    --
    Dale Dellutri <ddelQQQlutr@panQQQix.com> (lose the Q's)

    Michael wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
    > it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
    > laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
    > internal.

    Yes you can!!

    The 2nd Drive fits in the Media Bay. This is the location that holds the
    Floppy Drive!

    HTH

    Regards,
    John
  3. Quote:

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:16:37 GMT, Michael <please-ask-me@ask.com> wrote:
    > I am not a laptop user so please bear with me when I ask this question: Is
    > it possible to install two hard drives internally into a Dell Inspiron 8200
    > laptop. It seems like there would not be room for two hard drives that are
    > internal.

    The Inspiron 8000 can accept a 2nd hard drive module in the module
    slot (replacing whatever is usually there: floppy/cd/battery).

    --
    Dale Dellutri <ddelQQQlutr@panQQQix.com> (lose the Q's)

    Would I need a 2nd Hard Drive Media Bay Carrier from Dell (4169D) or could I use the removable floppy drive carrier instead and fit (fiddle) a 2 ½" drive in there. What about the connections and the interface. Any help would be appreciated.

Dell Dell Inspiron Laptops Hard Drives Computers