Sign in with
Your question

Budget Gaming Laptop - Acer Aspire 7741G-3647?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 9, 2010 12:52:30 AM

Hello,

I have been looking to spend around $800 for a laptop I could use to play games. I ran across the Acer Aspire 7741G-3647, which looks perfect to me, but I have been unable to find any reviews or other information. Do you think it would work okay?

Basic Specs:
i5 450M / 2.4 GHz
4GB DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Acer_Aspire_7741G...

Thanks in advance.
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 2:41:12 AM

It depends on what kind of games you want to play and at what settings. What are your preferences? I would expect it to do alright on medium settings, but anything above that would be pushing it (depending on the game).
August 9, 2010 4:53:50 AM

buwish said:
It depends on what kind of games you want to play and at what settings. What are your preferences? I would expect it to do alright on medium settings, but anything above that would be pushing it (depending on the game).

Thanks for the reply buwish! I'm hoping to be able to play games like SC2, L4D2, and MW2. I don't expect to be playing on the highest settings. I was mostly just worried since I couldn't find any reviews on the laptop. I'd really hate to buy it and find out later that for whatever reason this just isn't a laptop I can game with.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2010 4:11:49 AM

you update driver. acer aspire 7741G update deriver
good luck
October 15, 2010 4:24:42 AM

I can't offer any particular review on the product itself, but from a completely specs vs cost related perspective, it looks great.
!