HP Pavillion tx1213au

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatehp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I have an HP Pavillion tx1213au. The laptop broke down twice within a 2-month interval. The technicians said it is over-heating because the processor is AMD Turion. Aside from that, having it repaired won't really solve the problem. I went to an HP service center in SM North Edsa Annex, the technician there said the mother board needs to be replaced. A mother board costs about Php20,000. However, the problem will just come back after a few months. Has anyone had the same problem? Overheating (even if I have a cooling pad). Screen just going black after some colored lines appear..
I'm planning to have this product recalled as all the technicians whom I have spoken to say that ALL HP Pavillion tx1213au's are defective.

Yep. I had a tx series notebook myself a few years ago. It lasted a little over a year before over heating got to it. First, it knocked out the wireless card and then the GPU. To be honest, I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to get it fixed, as you will eventually face the same problems. I even wrote a strongly worded letter to HP- they called, but they didn't give me what I wanted, so I said to heck with it. Your best bet at this point is to eat it up as a loss and buy a new brand of laptop. If it is still under warranty, you can contact HP and see if they'll give you something else, but that probably will not happen.

I'm unsure if there is a recall out on the TX models or not, but if there is and it's free, you might as well send it in, have it fixed, and use it until it dies again. From there, I'd move onto something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.