Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanbarlow

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Ive just purchased a HP TM2 tablet PC, mainly for university notetaking and creative stuff (photoshop, sketching). Keen to know what kinda games it could potentially run - i realise that mobile GPU's and CPU's arent as beefy as desktop, but nevertheless could you advise here

TM2 specs
CPU: i5-430UM (1.2GHz, can turboboost to 1.73GHz)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
GPU: ATI HD 5450

RES: 1280 × 800px
EXT: HDMI socket

Assuming that when its running on mains power and appropriate power plan, CPU will turboboost when needed, and the discrete GPU will kick in (as opposed to the onboard GPU)

I'm keen to beable to play something like Sabatuer (2009) which has spec requirements of:

CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX, or ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
RAM: 2GB +
Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Keen to know whether there is any new-release type games that would run on this. Not looking to run at insane settings or res, but keen to be-able to port to an external monitor which is around the 20 inch mark (which i dont own yet)

Thanks for any advice
Cheers

nathanbarlow

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Could someone give me an idea of how the i5 relates to the C2D lineup? As there is a lower clock rate for the i5, but the architechiture has advantages over the C2D even though the C2D has higher clock rates.

Keen to have an idea, as most current games mention specs in terms of C2D speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.