New Acer H274HL, possibly damaged screen?

Sadamto

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I just bought an Acer H274HL 27" monitor. I've just this moment had a small accident while moving it on my desk. I was pulling it from the underneath and it almost fell forward (very grippy base), as it fell forward I moved my thumbs up and pushed against the lower part of the screen to stop it from falling, I quickly balanced it and removed my hands, there were two distinctively thumb shaped pressure marks left, in one of them I could even see a kind of electronic pattern beneath the screen surface, they slowly faded away and at the moment everything looks normal but I'm worried I may have caused damage that will eventually worsen.

What do you guys think? Is there any screen tests I can do to check its condition? I'm really annoyed with myself, I just got it today and it set me back £280. There aren't any visible dead pixels I can see, I checked the areas with a magnifier. I'm really fussy with this sort of thing. I got it partly for digital painting so I can work on a larger scale with ease which will help me on my University course. It's got a 12 month warranty so I'm covered if it does degrade.

Cheers

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Well it might be damaged, for the impact has been a bit hard as you describe. But, if you checked for dead pixels (I guess displaying a totally white screen) and you have no other problems, I don't think you should worry about it.

Your warranty is void if somehow the guys come to discover the damage is due to your bad handling.

Anyway, next time you want to move your monitor, raise it from the table and even then, if your monitor starts to fall, try to hold it with your open hands to minimize pressure on the screen and thus avoid damage.