Is this a good laptop?

The laptop in question is a HP Pavilion dv6-3037TX. I was wondering if this would be a good laptop for some general use (internet,movies etc) and also gaming (rather old games and some new ones). From what i can see it should be good for what i want to do.

Heres the specs:

2.26GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor

4GB DDR3 RAM

640GB Hard Drive

1GB Dedicated Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW

15.6 WXGA High-Def Widescreen

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Premium

802.11a/g/n WLAN

Im experianced with desktop computers (building/fixing etc) but i have nver owned a laptop :ouch: so im not sure on specs and other stuff.

here the website ill buy it off: http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=NBKHNB1068482

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about good laptop
  1. Yes its a great notebook for general tasks and playing games(HD 5650M is a good mid-range card so it can handle older games on high and newer ones on medium settings)
  2. I would not touch HP, Dell, Acer, gateway, sony laptop with a 10 foot poles. they will let you down fast even more if you play games:

waranty suck also. If you buy them, get an RMA right away cause you will need it.

Get an asus or msi: they are better.
  3. ive read good reviews on this laptop, and the specs seem pretty good. if you would care to elaborate on why it is so bad.

Thanks,
    doctorwhobbc
  4. Sounds good just get the Hp warranty. I had an Hp and the warranty wasnt that bad they took care of me. GG
  5. doctorwhobbc said:
    The laptop in question is a HP Pavilion dv6-3037TX. I was wondering if this would be a good laptop for some general use (internet,movies etc) and also gaming (rather old games and some new ones). From what i can see it should be good for what i want to do.

Heres the specs:

2.26GHz Intel Core i5-430M Processor

4GB DDR3 RAM

640GB Hard Drive

1GB Dedicated Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics

LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW

15.6 WXGA High-Def Widescreen

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Premium

802.11a/g/n WLAN

Im experianced with desktop computers (building/fixing etc) but i have nver owned a laptop :ouch: so im not sure on specs and other stuff.

here the website ill buy it off: http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=NBKHNB1068482

Thanks

Hi there,

This laptop looks like a great choice for general use and gaming. Before you make a final decision, I suggest you double check the system requirements for the specific games you will be playing to make sure this laptop is compatible with them.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Isabella
    MSFT Windows Outreach Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops HP Pavilion