I have a customer that his machine does not go past 2 players. I can
manually advance the coin unit, and it will play 3 and 4 players.
My thinking is there's a setting to limit the players.
He nor I have a Manual for this, so could someone tell me what all the
adjustments are for right inside the cabinet ?
I figured one is the 3Ball/5Ball adjustment.

Also, if you could tell me what type of coil the flippers take, I'd
appreciate it.
I want to make sure he has the correct ones, as there are 2 different ones
in there.

Thanks,
Bill McCord

Flipper coils are:

AF-25-600
28-800

That is straight from the schematic.

The stepper coin unit will trip a end of stroke switch after it moves 4
steps.
That is probably outta adjustment.

I have a schematic and can scan part of it if needed.

Grojohn

The coin unit stepper is on the main board, towards the back of the
machine. It will only step 3 spaces, and trip the end of stroke on the
3rd step.

Im in the process of getting one of these working as I speek...

check the contacts on the end stroke sweitch on the player counter and
ball counter, one is cutting out to early and there is no switch for
the number of players, coil # af-26-750/31-900

hope that helps

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

hmmmm, got them out of my expressway book, there pretty much the same
at that age, check with steve aa PBR he would know

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

Make sure the coin unit isn't gummed up and just physically can't turn
itself to the 3rd or 4th position. Very common in these old games. Rarely
do 2, 3, or 4 player games get played on them, so these step-up units don't
get much "exercise". Grease/lube in them dries up and gets sticky, and
springs lose tension on them- only real reliable way to fix them most of the
time is to do a full tear-down, cleaning, re-lube, and install new springs
or re-tension old ones.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"William McCord" <bkmccord@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I have a customer that his machine does not go past 2 players. I can
> manually advance the coin unit, and it will play 3 and 4 players.
> My thinking is there's a setting to limit the players.
> He nor I have a Manual for this, so could someone tell me what all the
> adjustments are for right inside the cabinet ?
> I figured one is the 3Ball/5Ball adjustment.
>
> Also, if you could tell me what type of coil the flippers take, I'd
> appreciate it.
> I want to make sure he has the correct ones, as there are 2 different ones
> in there.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill McCord

If you can get schematics for the game you can quickly check the circuit for
the coin unit step-up coil to see if it has an adjustment switch in it that
will stop the step-up coil from firing if it's in the 2nd position. That
would be quickest way to tell.

Ray J.
--

"ctsteps5" <ctsteps5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hmmmm, got them out of my expressway book, there pretty much the same
> at that age, check with steve aa PBR he would know
>
> Ctsteps5
>
> owner of
> 71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
> 74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
>
> Moderator of EM Pinball Group
> http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot.

-Bill

P.S. Neither of the flipper coils were the ones you mentioned.

> check the contacts on the end stroke sweitch on the player counter and
> ball counter, one is cutting out to early and there is no switch for
> the number of players, coil # af-26-750/31-900
>
> hope that helps
>
> Ctsteps5
>
> owner of
> 71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
> 74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
>
> Moderator of EM Pinball Group
> http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

Sounds great, and a scan of the schematic for the Coin Unit would be great
too.
It must be out of adjustment, because you add up to 2 players on the coin
door, then it stops, and you can trip it manually to get #3 and #4.

Thanks Guys !!

-Bill