Solved

Holy crap sound driver issues HELP please!

Hello everyone. I was recently given a motherboard/ram/processor out of a Dell Inspiron 546. The computer had windows 7 64 bit on it before I received it, and as I did not get the hard drive, I installed windows 7 64 bit as well. No sound device. I found the driver for the VIA VT1708S sound chip, but it could not complete the install because it was missing the Codec. I found the Codec, but I was unable to download it with the sentence of "The specified file was not found."
By the way, I found these drivers here: http://www.viaarena.com/displaydrivers.aspx?PageID=1&OSID=3&CatID=1030&SubCatID=203&Old=1

I'm literally at my rope's end here trying to get this to work, I've never had this problem before because I've had the motherboard drivers. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about holy crap sound driver issues please
  1. Best answer
    Well the option is to have a look at if the board has any spare Pci slots to insert a sound card, then just buy one to slot in, you will get a windows 7 driver with it for x32 or the 64bit version of windows.
  2. rdc85 said:

I did. It didn't work.
  3. weaselman said:
    Well the option is to have a look at if the board has any spare Pci slots to insert a sound card, then just buy one to slot in, you will get a windows 7 driver with it for x32 or the 64bit version of windows.

I have one laying around. I'll try putting it in and finding a driver for it specifically. Thanks for the idea.
  4. Best answer selected by ArcticWonder.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7