Holy crap sound driver issues HELP please!

ArcticWonder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Hello everyone. I was recently given a motherboard/ram/processor out of a Dell Inspiron 546. The computer had windows 7 64 bit on it before I received it, and as I did not get the hard drive, I installed windows 7 64 bit as well. No sound device. I found the driver for the VIA VT1708S sound chip, but it could not complete the install because it was missing the Codec. I found the Codec, but I was unable to download it with the sentence of "The specified file was not found."
By the way, I found these drivers here: http://www.viaarena.com/displaydrivers.aspx?PageID=1&OSID=3&CatID=1030&SubCatID=203&Old=1

I'm literally at my rope's end here trying to get this to work, I've never had this problem before because I've had the motherboard drivers. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
Well the option is to have a look at if the board has any spare Pci slots to insert a sound card, then just buy one to slot in, you will get a windows 7 driver with it for x32 or the 64bit version of windows.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Well the option is to have a look at if the board has any spare Pci slots to insert a sound card, then just buy one to slot in, you will get a windows 7 driver with it for x32 or the 64bit version of windows.

Solution

ArcticWonder

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

I have one laying around. I'll try putting it in and finding a driver for it specifically. Thanks for the idea.