Pin values and Celebrity deaths

I was thinking, while remorsing over the passing of Bob Denver. Does
the value of machines go up once and character like Gilligan passes?

>>Does the value of machines go up once and character
>>like Gilligan passes?

>Short answer...No.

Thank god.
Kirb

Arkanerd,

If the sales price doesn't go up, buy the asking price certainly does.
Check eBay or this group.

The same is true for events in pop-culture. Think of the "Harry Potter"
craze and the Sorcerer or MM machines advertised.

--
PinTed

arkanerd wrote:
> I was thinking, while remorsing over the passing of Bob Denver. Does
> the value of machines go up once and character like Gilligan passes?

No. -Maybe- if it was signed, but unless you had a photo showing him
signing it, not even then...Provenance must be indisputable to affect
value. There also must be a demand as well...

Bob was a tremendous talent. Iconic for generations. Not many people
achieve that success.

Here's to Bob.

-cody
CARGPB#4

>Does
>the value of machines go up once >and character like Gilligan >passes?

You and Jet are correct Ted.

Some may say "no", but you DEFINITELY see the asking prices go up, as
you said. Anything to push the price up, including death, is not off
limits to those that worship the almightly dollar.

That is yet to be seen I suppose. Most
all celebrities that are featured on pinball
machines are still living.

I guess it will also depend how big they
were, and what someone will pay to have
a 'complete' collection of said celebrity's
collectables.

--
Fred
TX

"arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1126038707.487134.17190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> I was thinking, while remorsing over the passing of Bob Denver. Does
> the value of machines go up once and character like Gilligan passes?

Not at all.

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I was thinking, while remorsing over the passing of Bob Denver. Does
> > the value of machines go up once and character like Gilligan passes?
>
> Short answer...No.
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Shawn

The next to go would be Hugh Hefner or Evel Kneival would be my guess and
they sure made a lot of those pins.
"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
> That is yet to be seen I suppose. Most
> all celebrities that are featured on pinball
> machines are still living.
>
> I guess it will also depend how big they
> were, and what someone will pay to have
> a 'complete' collection of said celebrity's
> collectables.
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ******************
>

> "arkanerd" <arkanerd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I was thinking, while remorsing over the passing of Bob Denver. Does
> > the value of machines go up once and character like Gilligan passes?

Sad to hear that Bob Denver died (sigh). You typically see some short
term action in celebrity collectibles when something like this happens.
Stuff comes out of the wood work, with people hoping to cash in on some
term sentimental emotions that people are experiencing.

Terry Cumming

Terry,
You're right...A GI lost episode has to be in the works :)