Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Opinions on Toshiba Satellite M645-S4055

Tags:
  • Toshiba
  • Laptops
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 4:22:56 PM

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a decent laptop to take to college around the 700-1000 price range, and I think this is the best I've found by far. The graphics seem to be strong, the battery life seems good as well, and the screen size is perfect.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it, and any thoughts on the computer.

Here's the link ----> http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-M645-S4055-TruB...

Thanks guys!

More about : opinions toshiba satellite m645 s4055

a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 4:36:36 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a decent laptop to take to college around the 700-1000 price range, and I think this is the best I've found by far. The graphics seem to be strong, the battery life seems good as well, and the screen size is perfect.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it, and any thoughts on the computer.

Here's the link ----> http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-M645-S4055-TruB...

Thanks guys!


You can also take a look at the Lenovo Ideapad Y460 from lenovo.com . It has a tiny bit better CPU and graphics card, but is missing the sound system. Battery life is about the same.

Otherwise, that toshiba looks pretty good.
August 9, 2010 4:41:05 PM

The 330m isn't the best GFX card that kind of money can buy for that price, concider these:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-TimelineX-AS4820TG-56...

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G51JX-X3-15-6-Inc...

Compare the benchmarks of each Laptops GPUs yourself-

Toshiba-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-330M.224...

Asus-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTS-360M.24...

Timelinex-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-565...

I'd personally reccomend the Timelinex due to it having a newer GPU which supports DX11, and are boasted for by Acer by having 8+ hours battery life, portable screen size for your travels, its saving you 200 Dollars, and will be good enough to play any new games on medium settings.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 4:47:54 PM

vipers992 said:
The 330m isn't the best GFX card that kind of money can buy for that price, concider these:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-TimelineX-AS4820TG-56...

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-G51JX-X3-15-6-Inc...

Compare the benchmarks of each Laptops GPUs yourself-

Toshiba-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-330M.224...

Asus-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTS-360M.24...

Timelinex-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-565...

I'd personally reccomend the Timelinex due to it having a newer GPU which supports DX11, and are boasted for by Acer by having 8+ hours battery life, portable screen size for your travels, its saving you 200 Dollars, and will be good enough to play any new games on medium settings.


Yeah i thought about the TimelineX too, it's missing the expresscard and the eSATA that the toshiba has, so the OP might need those. As for the G51, the battery life isn't even comparable...
August 9, 2010 5:11:30 PM

sidewinderx2 said:
Yeah i thought about the TimelineX too, it's missing the expresscard and the eSATA that the toshiba has, so the OP might need those. As for the G51, the battery life isn't even comparable...


I thought of posting either end of the scale, portability to power, Asus has a more powerful GPU and CPU, and has a larger screen.

To be honest, i wish both of these models were available back here in Britain at comparable prices.
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 5:53:15 PM

vipers992 said:
I thought of posting either end of the scale, portability to power, Asus has a more powerful GPU and CPU, and has a larger screen.

To be honest, i wish both of these models were available back here in Britain at comparable prices.


I thought Europe got the TimelineX's before we did here in NA?
August 9, 2010 6:49:34 PM

sidewinderx2 said:
I thought Europe got the TimelineX's before we did here in NA?


Our Laptop market is a suffering one, where the pound is worth more than the dollar, the above TimelineX for example, should equal to around 600 pounds if converted, but that Timelinex is near £1000 here.

The Asus is £1,200 - £1,400.
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 6:56:37 PM

vipers992 said:
Our Laptop market is a suffering one, where the pound is worth more than the dollar, the above TimelineX for example, should equal to around 600 pounds if converted, but that Timelinex is near £1000 here.

The Asus is £1,200 - £1,400.



Jebus wtf mate :(  That's ridiculous...
August 9, 2010 7:01:47 PM

sidewinderx2 said:
Jebus wtf mate :(  That's ridiculous...


Yup, we do have some alternatives though, we can get Sony Vaio's with 5650's in for under £700 here, and Toshiba offer the 5650 in systems as low as £555. But then there is a huge gap from all the other retailers, Acer, Asus, MSI etc etc, anything with a 5650 in or better costs £900+
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2010 7:14:30 PM

vipers992 said:
Yup, we do have some alternatives though, we can get Sony Vaio's with 5650's in for under £700 here, and Toshiba offer the 5650 in systems as low as £555. But then there is a huge gap from all the other retailers, Acer, Asus, MSI etc etc, anything with a 5650 in or better costs £900+



Well Sonys and Toshibas are good :)  I would've gotten a sony if it wasnt for the fact that they cost so damn much here for anything with a decent graphics card...
August 9, 2010 7:16:43 PM

Yup i ordered one with 4gb ram, 5650, i5-450m for £690, takes 4 odd weeks to dispatch. ^^
!