Sign in with
Your question

How to prevent restart when system not responding in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
December 14, 2012 8:16:28 AM

Hello,
My system was always restarting in the middle of the work and when it restarts it shows the error message of computer not responding. I disable the automatic restart in the control panel> System > and settings . Please help me in this
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 11:17:01 AM

sabarinadh said:
Hello,
My system was always restarting in the middle of the work and when it restarts it shows the error message of computer not responding. I disable the automatic restart in the control panel> System > and settings . Please help me in this

When you say it "restarts" does it log you out of Windows and the PC do a complete reboot?

If so, you could potentially be looking at a dead power supply which is causing it to reboot. If it is just freezing up and requiring you to ctrl+alt+del and end the process then it could be something entirely different.

Here are a couple key questions to ask yourself:
1. Have I added any new hardware / software that could be causing this?
2. Can I possibly restore my computer to an earlier date using Windows System Restore?

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 1:05:19 PM

I would also run a memory test just to make sure. You can get Memtest 86 from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso you can get a ISO or installer for a flash drive witch ever is best for you. Boot with the disc or usb stick and let it run. If no errors then we will have to do more trouble shooting.
m
l
Related resources
!