MSN Gaming Zone 'unable to launch room' error.

Hi all,

In trying to access Scrabble, the Zone is supposedly
updating ActiveX, and getting the progress bar stating
100% download, but I'm getting the 'unable to launch room'
error. I do not have SP2 installed as of yet (CD-ROM on
its way), I'm using XP pro w/SP1, have administrator
privleges and the firewall IS disabled, as I cannot play
Scrabble with the firewall enabled. Security checks are
set to accept ActiveX updates.

Any ideas??

Cheers,
Mike T.

Mike T wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In trying to access Scrabble, the Zone is supposedly
> updating ActiveX, and getting the progress bar stating
> 100% download, but I'm getting the 'unable to launch room'
> error. I do not have SP2 installed as of yet (CD-ROM on
> its way), I'm using XP pro w/SP1, have administrator
> privleges and the firewall IS disabled, as I cannot play
> Scrabble with the firewall enabled. Security checks are
> set to accept ActiveX updates.
>
> Any ideas??

Open Internet Properties, click General tab, click Settings button,
click View Objects, remove or update Heartbeat. If you don't see
HeartbeatCtl Class listed, look at the properties of any component to
see if damaged. If so, remove or repair that entry. Right-click an
entry for Properties and other options.

Zone.zat and the files in the \ZSetup folder were replaced today. It
might help to delete them then reenter the Zone.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support