Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer Al2216W Repair Question

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 22, 2011 7:56:39 PM

Cheers!

I have an Acer Al2216w 22" Widescreen monitor that I've had for a number of years. Over the past few weeks it has begun to act up in a manner that has lead me to believe that it has a faulty PCB. I pulled it apart and examined all the components and decided that I felt comfortable replacing the PCB my self, but when I checked E-Bay (and the internet in general) I was unable to find the same PCB.

Currently I have a DAC-19M009BF and all I can find are DAC-19M010BF boards. So the question is, will I have a problem if I replace the 09BF with a 10BF?

Apparently the 10BFs replaced the 09BFs in later models of the same monitor, so I would assume it would work, but my knoweldge of electronics at this level is limited.

Thanks!
a b C Monitor
October 23, 2011 3:34:24 AM

As a favor. the Acer tech support guys might help you.
m
l
October 23, 2011 3:52:30 PM

You would think so, but when I e-mailed and asked they told me they have no idea if it will work.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
October 23, 2011 8:18:50 PM

kaze_ said:
You would think so, but when I e-mailed and asked they told me they have no idea if it will work.

I know MicroCenter guys are pretty tech savvy, and they have free tech support for walk-ins. In addition, they have free online tech support. Give them a try.
October 23, 2011 8:23:45 PM

Ubrales said:
I know MicroCenter guys are pretty tech savvy, and they have free tech support for walk-ins. In addition, they have free online tech support. Give them a try.

I'll be sure to check their online support because they don't have microcenters here (Florida) but I didn't even think of going to a local retailer. There's a CompUSA not too far from here, I'll go ask them too!

Thanks for your help man.
m
l
October 23, 2011 8:23:51 PM

Best answer selected by kaze_.
m
l
a b C Monitor
October 23, 2011 8:49:30 PM

kaze_ said:
I'll be sure to check their online support because they don't have microcenters here (Florida) but I didn't even think of going to a local retailer. There's a CompUSA not too far from here, I'll go ask them too!

Thanks for your help man.

Thank you!

Yes, try CompUSA. On one particular occasion they helped me when I wanted the physical dimensions of the Corsair Dominator RAM modules in order to check the clearance for the heatsink. At the store, I made a cardboard template of the RAM, and later at home checked it on my motherboard. Unfortunately, the Dominators were too tall for Prolimatech Megahalems, so I settled for a CM V8 heatsink instead.

When you explain your situation, the guys are more than willing to help!

Good luck!
m
l
!