Another Blow to Intel

<A HREF="http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~33~2600434,00.html" target="_new"> H-P, Intel dissolve Itanium partnership </A>

Itanium chips failed to become the dominant processor for high-end servers that Intel and H-P had hoped. After more than three years on the market, Itanium-based servers accounted for about 8 percent the market, according to IDC Corp. The relationship between Santa Clara, Calif.-based Intel, the world's largest maker of computer chips, and H-P prevented other computer makers from adopting the Itanium chip, Marcello said.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
6 answers Last reply
More about another blow intel
  1. Correct the clicky please!

-
    A7N8X / <font color=green><b>Sempron 2800+</b></font color=green> <- <i>Is this affecting my credibility?</i>
    Kingston DDR333 2x256Megs
    <font color=red>Radeon 8500 128Megs</font color=red> @ C:275/M:290 <- <i>It's enough for WoW!</i>
  2. Hehe, alittle cryptic goes a long way...
    FIXED...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
    And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
    So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
  3. A clear lack of insight from the journalist.This was plan since 1996

i need to change useur name.
  4. I'm sorry what planed failure was it?

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...
  5. Intel always fakes "falure" before releasing something worthy. So, no biggy.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
  6. HP/Compaq/SGI have plan to get rid of any in-house CPU productions since the day 1 of itanium.

i need to change useur name.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Intel Servers