gilligans island pinball: actor bob denver dies at 70.

Elvis

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

for those of you who have a gilligans island pinball...sad news too
report..bob denver has died at 70... he played "gilligan" on the
series.

ELVIS

(i am almost positive there is a gilligans island pinball...i collect
ems...so i am not an expert ..but i am pretty darn sure!!
but sad too report!)

Didn't care for 'lil buddy much, but the women of
Gilligans Island were something a young boy dreamed of...
especially that Mrs. Howell. Hubba hubba ;-)

Noodles
"elvis" <colortek@netzero.com> wrote in message
> yep ..i see that you guys are all ready talking about this..!!

Oh, that brings back some pleasant memories for me. Our next door
neighbor was a photographer and his son showed me a book his dad had on
photographing nudes. Tina Louise was in the book. So I'm an
adolescent kid watching Gilligans Island after seeing Ginger naked.
Ginger or May Ann? Definately Ginger.

Steve

Tina Louise was in the May 1958 issue of playboy. That's the origin of
the picture I got to see as a kid.

Steve

Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.

I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Otto wrote:
> Both.
>

> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

Mary Ann, hands down.

Gilligan Trivia:
Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
high school teacher, were all played by different people).

Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.

Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)

Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?

RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.

Mike

Well, that explains why she was yelling
DON'T.......STOP......DON'T.......STOP.

Here, I thought she was yelling DON'T STOP!!!

Otto wrote:
> Problem for you is that Mary Ann isn't into the anal thing.
>
> Whatya gonna do?
>

> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.
> >
> > I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :)

Mike,

Mary Ann's last name was Summers. Man, I didn't think anyone else knew
'Roy Hinkley'. I have the original pilot on VHS.

One reason they changed professors is the original was a 'Rock Hudson'
type and they were afraid of the problems dealing with a handsome man
on a desert island with 2 beautiful girls.

Steve

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Problem for you is that Mary Ann isn't into the anal thing.

Whatya gonna do?

Otto

CARGPB11

"Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.
>
> I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :)

Andy

Mrs Howll? Um, I'd prefer Mary-Ann or Ginger to that 'ole bag. :)

Andy

"Harry Williamson" <hank35@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Didn't care for 'lil buddy much, but the women of
> Gilligans Island were something a young boy dreamed of...
> especially that Mrs. Howell. Hubba hubba ;-)
>
> Noodles
> "elvis" <colortek@netzero.com> wrote in message
>> yep ..i see that you guys are all ready talking about this..!!

Sure she wasn't yelling Gama Su ! Gama Su ! ? LTG :)

> Well, that explains why she was yelling
> DON'T.......STOP......DON'T.......STOP.
>
> Here, I thought she was yelling DON'T STOP!!!
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
> shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
> city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"
>
> (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Exactly that - fun, but not very deep. In essence - hit the targets to
gather ingredients for the Kona Seltzer, shoot the hole to mix the
seltzer, then do the jungle run (hit the ramp) 6 times in a row to
deliver to Kona. Rinse, repeat. Multiball is a 2-ball and is only
acquired via a random lagoon award. Extra balls can be earned in the
left outlane (make sure you have the kicker enabled). Extra balls are
played at the end of the game instead of as a "shoot again". The
playfield is very cool looking and as long as the rotating island works
there isn't much else that should go wrong with the game. I miss
mine...

Mike

I watched this show all the time growing up, granted it was reruns

How's the pin? I've heard different reviews of the pin, and I've never
been willing to drop the coin on one to find out :)

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Mike Messersmith wrote:
> Mary Ann, hands down.
>
> Gilligan Trivia:
> Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
> different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
> down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
> high school teacher, were all played by different people).
>
> Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
> and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.
>
> Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
> rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
> over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)
>
> Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?
>
> RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.
>
> Mike

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

fun pin, I enjoy it.
anyone have a super nice one to sell me, on west coast?

Troy,

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> I watched this show all the time growing up, granted it was reruns
>
> How's the pin? I've heard different reviews of the pin, and I've never
> been willing to drop the coin on one to find out :)
>

> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> Mike Messersmith wrote:
> > Mary Ann, hands down.
> >
> > Gilligan Trivia:
> > Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
> > different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
> > down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
> > high school teacher, were all played by different people).
> >
> > Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
> > and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.
> >
> > Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
> > rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
> > over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)
> >
> > Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?
> >
> > RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.
> >
> > Mike

Methinks he jests! So, Mary Ann or Ginger?
I've wrestled with that one for years, but I'll
go with Mary Ann.
Let's take a poll.
JR

Mary Ann for sure.
She had the girl next door thing goin' on.

"JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Methinks he jests! So, Mary Ann or Ginger?
> I've wrestled with that one for years, but I'll
> go with Mary Ann.
> Let's take a poll.
> JR

Andy

....at the same time! lol

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Both.
>

> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
>
> "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

Amateurs. All three ! LTG :)

"Andy" <andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com> wrote in message
> ...at the same time! lol
>
> "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Both.
>
> > Otto
> >
> > CARGPB11
> >
> > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
> >
> > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >> So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

There is a pic of Gary Stern with Tina Louise in last month's Replay
magazine, so I guess Gary says "ginger".
Mike

"sglig" <sgligorea@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Oh, that brings back some pleasant memories for me. Our next door
> neighbor was a photographer and his son showed me a book his dad had on
> photographing nudes. Tina Louise was in the book. So I'm an
> adolescent kid watching Gilligans Island after seeing Ginger naked.
> Ginger or May Ann? Definately Ginger.
>
> Steve

fun, but very simple game. Not very deep.
Mike