gilligans island pinball: actor bob denver dies at 70.

for those of you who have a gilligans island pinball...sad news too
report..bob denver has died at 70... he played "gilligan" on the
series.

ELVIS

(i am almost positive there is a gilligans island pinball...i collect
ems...so i am not an expert ..but i am pretty darn sure!!
but sad too report!)
23 answers Last reply
More about gilligans island pinball actor denver dies

    yep ..i see that you guys are all ready talking about this..!!

    Didn't care for 'lil buddy much, but the women of
    Gilligans Island were something a young boy dreamed of...
    especially that Mrs. Howell. Hubba hubba ;-)

    Noodles
    "elvis" <colortek@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > yep ..i see that you guys are all ready talking about this..!!

    Oh, that brings back some pleasant memories for me. Our next door
    neighbor was a photographer and his son showed me a book his dad had on
    photographing nudes. Tina Louise was in the book. So I'm an
    adolescent kid watching Gilligans Island after seeing Ginger naked.
    Ginger or May Ann? Definately Ginger.

    Steve

    Tina Louise was in the May 1958 issue of playboy. That's the origin of
    the picture I got to see as a kid.

    Steve

    Mrs. Howell :-)

    Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.

    I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :-)

    Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

    "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
    shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
    city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

    (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

    Otto wrote:
    > Both.
    >

    > Otto
    >
    > CARGPB11
    >
    > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    >
    > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > > So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

    Mary Ann, hands down.

    Gilligan Trivia:
    Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
    different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
    down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
    high school teacher, were all played by different people).

    Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
    and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.

    Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
    rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
    over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)

    Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?

    RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.

    Mike

    Well, that explains why she was yelling
    DON'T.......STOP......DON'T.......STOP.

    Here, I thought she was yelling DON'T STOP!!!

    Otto wrote:
    > Problem for you is that Mary Ann isn't into the anal thing.
    >
    > Whatya gonna do?
    >

    > Otto
    >
    > CARGPB11
    >
    > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    >
    > "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.
    > >
    > > I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :-)

    Mike,

    Mary Ann's last name was Summers. Man, I didn't think anyone else knew
    'Roy Hinkley'. I have the original pilot on VHS.

    One reason they changed professors is the original was a 'Rock Hudson'
    type and they were afraid of the problems dealing with a handsome man
    on a desert island with 2 beautiful girls.

    Steve

    Problem for you is that Mary Ann isn't into the anal thing.

    Whatya gonna do?

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "Bryan Kelly" <bskelly3@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I've heard you pilots are into that sort of thing, Otto.
    >
    > I'll take Mary Ann. Ginger was a whore. :-)

    Mrs Howll? Um, I'd prefer Mary-Ann or Ginger to that 'ole bag. :)

    Andy

    "Harry Williamson" <hank35@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Didn't care for 'lil buddy much, but the women of
    > Gilligans Island were something a young boy dreamed of...
    > especially that Mrs. Howell. Hubba hubba ;-)
    >
    > Noodles
    > "elvis" <colortek@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >> yep ..i see that you guys are all ready talking about this..!!

    Sure she wasn't yelling Gama Su ! Gama Su ! ? LTG :)

    > Well, that explains why she was yelling
    > DON'T.......STOP......DON'T.......STOP.
    >
    > Here, I thought she was yelling DON'T STOP!!!
    >
    > Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
    >
    > "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
    > shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
    > city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"
    >
    > (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

    Exactly that - fun, but not very deep. In essence - hit the targets to
    gather ingredients for the Kona Seltzer, shoot the hole to mix the
    seltzer, then do the jungle run (hit the ramp) 6 times in a row to
    deliver to Kona. Rinse, repeat. Multiball is a 2-ball and is only
    acquired via a random lagoon award. Extra balls can be earned in the
    left outlane (make sure you have the kicker enabled). Extra balls are
    played at the end of the game instead of as a "shoot again". The
    playfield is very cool looking and as long as the rotating island works
    there isn't much else that should go wrong with the game. I miss
    mine...

    Mike

    I watched this show all the time growing up, granted it was reruns

    How's the pin? I've heard different reviews of the pin, and I've never
    been willing to drop the coin on one to find out :)

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    Mike Messersmith wrote:
    > Mary Ann, hands down.
    >
    > Gilligan Trivia:
    > Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
    > different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
    > down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
    > high school teacher, were all played by different people).
    >
    > Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
    > and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.
    >
    > Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
    > rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
    > over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)
    >
    > Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?
    >
    > RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.
    >
    > Mike

    fun pin, I enjoy it.
    anyone have a super nice one to sell me, on west coast?

    Troy,

    "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
    > I watched this show all the time growing up, granted it was reruns
    >
    > How's the pin? I've heard different reviews of the pin, and I've never
    > been willing to drop the coin on one to find out :)
    >

    > -
    >
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > Mike Messersmith wrote:
    > > Mary Ann, hands down.
    > >
    > > Gilligan Trivia:
    > > Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
    > > different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
    > > down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
    > > high school teacher, were all played by different people).
    > >
    > > Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
    > > and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.
    > >
    > > Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
    > > rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
    > > over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)
    > >
    > > Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?
    > >
    > > RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.
    > >
    > > Mike

    Methinks he jests! So, Mary Ann or Ginger?
    I've wrestled with that one for years, but I'll
    go with Mary Ann.
    Let's take a poll.
    JR

    Both.

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

    Mary Ann for sure.
    She had the girl next door thing goin' on.

    "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Methinks he jests! So, Mary Ann or Ginger?
    > I've wrestled with that one for years, but I'll
    > go with Mary Ann.
    > Let's take a poll.
    > JR

    ....at the same time! lol

    "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Both.
    >

    > Otto
    >
    > CARGPB11
    >
    > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    >
    > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

    Amateurs. All three ! LTG :)

    "Andy" <andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com> wrote in message
    > ...at the same time! lol
    >
    > "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > Both.
    >
    > > Otto
    > >
    > > CARGPB11
    > >
    > > My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    > >
    > > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@nospamworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > >> So, Mary Ann or Ginger?

    I sort of figured that was a given.

    ;>)

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "Andy" <andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com> wrote in message
    > ...at the same time! lol

    There is a pic of Gary Stern with Tina Louise in last month's Replay
    magazine, so I guess Gary says "ginger".
    Mike

    "sglig" <sgligorea@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Oh, that brings back some pleasant memories for me. Our next door
    > neighbor was a photographer and his son showed me a book his dad had on
    > photographing nudes. Tina Louise was in the book. So I'm an
    > adolescent kid watching Gilligans Island after seeing Ginger naked.
    > Ginger or May Ann? Definately Ginger.
    >
    > Steve

    fun, but very simple game. Not very deep.
    Mike

    "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
    >I watched this show all the time growing up, granted it was reruns
    >
    > How's the pin? I've heard different reviews of the pin, and I've never
    > been willing to drop the coin on one to find out :)
    >

    > -
    >
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > Mike Messersmith wrote:
    >> Mary Ann, hands down.
    >>
    >> Gilligan Trivia:
    >> Mary Ann wasn't even in the original pilot for the show - it was a
    >> different ditzy girl named Bunny. The original Ginger was the
    >> down-to-earth girl (both girls, and the professor, who was originally a
    >> high school teacher, were all played by different people).
    >>
    >> Gilligan's first name was Willy, The Professor's name is Roy Hinckley,
    >> and the Skipper is Jonas Grumby.
    >>
    >> Ginger wasn't in the pinball because Bally couldn't get the likeness
    >> rights - Tina Louise wanted nothing to do with the show when it was
    >> over (thus you never see her in any of the reunion shows)
    >>
    >> Anyone else have any trivia from the show (or pinball)?
    >>
    >> RIP Bob Denver. Thanks for the goofiness.
    >>
    >> Mike

Games Video Games