unauthorized HTTP access

mark

What does "unauthorized HTTP access" mean when I see it
in the log file of my MN-700? It indicates an outside IP
address. I have firewall feature turned on. Thanks for
your help.

joker

It means someone tried to get into your network but the MN-700 blocked
the attempt. One more reason to keep the firewall in the MN-700 enabled.

Mark wrote:

> What does "unauthorized HTTP access" mean when I see it
> in the log file of my MN-700? It indicates an outside IP
> address. I have firewall feature turned on. Thanks for
> your help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't impossible to disable
the firewall? What you can do is have your MN-700 not
respond to ICMP commands, which is a good idea.

You can disable the firewall, but that is not a very good idea.

It is also a good idea to block incoming ping commands also known as
ICMP commands.

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't impossible to disable
> the firewall? What you can do is have your MN-700 not
> respond to ICMP commands, which is a good idea.

You cannot disable the firewall. The following paragraph
is taken from the management tool.

The base station's integrated firewall discards
suspicious data packets transmitted to your network from
the wide area network (WAN). Although you cannot disable
the firewall, you can disable the firewall rule that
blocks such Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
commands as ping.

joker

Disable NAT & you have disabled the firewall.