Sign in with
Your question

IE8/9 ONLY works in no add-ons mode

Last response: in Windows 7
December 14, 2012 1:00:26 PM

First of all, the computer had a rootkit virus.

IE9 would crash if I opened it in regular mode. I tried resetting it but it was still fucked. I uninstalled IE9 and went back to IE8 but it does the same thing. It works perfectly fine in no add-ons mode. Ran HJT to remove all BHO's and possible add-ons causing problems. I don't believe the computer has a virus anymore. I've ran MBAM, Combofix, Hitman Pro, Kaspersky, TDSSKiller amongst other ***. Oh AND it works fine in safe mode. Tried clean boot in regular mode, still didn't work. Created a new user account on PC, still didn't work. Ran check disk. Ran SFC. Reinstalled IE9. Manually removed all add-ons via registry editor.

HELP. :fou: 

More about : ie8 works add ons mode

December 14, 2012 5:40:11 PM

Bump. Please help. Very urgent.
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 5:54:44 PM

if there was a rootkit, how did you remove it? did you Boot And Nuke and reinstall windows?
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2012 6:01:31 PM

I can't reinstall Windows. I removed it with a combination of the programs I mentioned above. I also scanned with FRST via recovery partition and it came back clean on everything. The virus is gone and I just can't figure out why I'm having this issue with IE. Thanks for the reply, though.
m
l
December 14, 2012 6:26:12 PM

Yep. Mentioned in first post. :) 
m
l
!