Best All-in-One Monochrome Laser (Home Office)

MojoMan713

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I am in the market for an all-in-one (Print/Copy/Scan/Fax) monochrome laser printer for my home office. I have an old HP LaserJet 3100 which has served me well, but after upgrading everything to Windows 7, the printer appears to have suddenly become obsolete. This printer has performed almost flawlessly for over 12 years and is not being retired through any fault of its own. {Insert taps and 21 gun salute here}

In any case, I need something that is network-able, that has real duplex capabilities, that can handle 8 1/2 X 14, at least to some degree. It needs to be very reliable and produce very good quality text documents consistently. The availability of high capacity toner cartridges would be a plus, but is not critical. I don't care about color printing and I am not really wanting an inkjet.

Here are a few of the ones I am currently considering:

HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw
Hp LaserJet Pro M1536dnf
Brother Printer MFC7860DW

There are so many printers out there, even by each manufacturer. It is very hard to compare them. I am still just getting started, so I would really be appreciative of recommendations for other, better options if anyone has one to offer.

Or, if anyone has any comments about the printers I listed above, those kinds of remarks would be very welcome as well.

^Brother? are you serious? they are the worst printers along with Kyocera. I do agree the newer HP's arent the greatest. I'd try Lexmark or Canon (although canon are basically the same as HP because they make their print engines). But really, if you buy a low end product, you can't expect it to last long. Whatever you get, buy the extended warranty and you wont have to worry.