Best choice for a low-end pin

Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:

No Fear
Bram's Dracula
Getaway
Whitewater
Whirlwind
No Good Gophers

Of those, the two best aren't "low-end" in terms of price: NGG and
Whitewater.

>low-end group of games.

Well, those aren't low end on price, but they're definetely low end on
fun.

Make another list!

Did you ever find a backglass for that machine?

Terry.

LOL!!!

pinballjim wrote:
> >low-end group of games.
>
> Well, those aren't low end on price, but they're definetely low end on
> fun.

In no particular order, the best three from that list (IMHO) are NGG,
WW, and Whirlwind. I agree with the others, none of those can be
considered "low-end". It's true they're not in the same price category
as MM, AFM, MB, CV, etc., but they are not inexpensive either.
Examples in top condition will run you in excess of $2k+...and prices
seem to climb on these pretty steadily. Those are three of the best
games from the '90s...regardless of price.

Ted

dracula is my first choice, then whitewater ..bcuz its funny as hell!
love the big foot guy "uh oh".
no fear 3rd

good luck

For me it's Whitewater by a mile, followed by NGG and BSD.
pinballmick wrote:
> Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
> group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:
>
> No Fear
> Bram's Dracula
> Getaway
> Whitewater
> Whirlwind
> No Good Gophers

Oh, I forgot to mention if you are really concerned about price,
GetAway is a great cheap pin. I see them every now and again in the
$1,000 to $1,200 USD range. It was one of my first DMD pins and I still
enjoying playing it (when I see one) although it isn't in my
collection. If I had a bigger house and deeper pockets, I would
probably have one. I love the music and the super charger. It's
mindless fun without the need to stay focused to follow the "deep"
rules that most of us love :)

Duane

NGG then whitewater.
others are ho hum IMHO.

In article <1126108987.618194.235260@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
pinballmick <michaelpug@comcast.net> wrote:
>Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
>group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:
>
>No Fear
>Bram's Dracula
>Getaway
>Whitewater
>Whirlwind
>No Good Gophers

These are hardly low end games. How about my 1969 WMS Paddock for $375,
shopped!

From the above group Whitewater is probably the best.
--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

Here's a "more bang for your buck" list for your consideration:

1-2K range:
DM, JM, WCS, FT, RS, Shadow, T2, NF, Congo, BOP, HS2

----------------------

2K+ range:
CFTBL, STTNG, FH, JY, NGG, WW,

3k range:
TAF, IJ, TZ, TOM, TOTAN, T3, CP,

3-4K range:
AFM, CV, LOTR, TSPP, SC,MB

5k-moon range:
MM, CC

Andy

I agree with most of this, but didn't prefer NGG at all. I own a WW, FH,
and WH20 and would recommend any of them, but from your list I would say
WH20.

andy

In article <1126111639.515117.61400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<tschw10117@aol.com> wrote:
>Did you ever find a backglass for that machine?
>
>Terry.

Not yet. The backglass I have has a 6" long crack along the lower right
corner, plus a previous owner stopped the flaking in the brown ink by
covering almost the entire backglass on the back with BROWN MYLAR PACKING
TAPE! All the lights show through dimly. :^(

This is a *real* low-end pin.