Best choice for a low-end pin

Last response: in Video Games
September 7, 2005 1:03:07 PM

Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:

No Fear
Bram's Dracula
Getaway
Whitewater
Whirlwind
No Good Gophers

More about : choice low end pin

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:08:51 PM

Of those, the two best aren't "low-end" in terms of price: NGG and
Whitewater.
September 7, 2005 1:24:21 PM

Whitewater.

John
September 7, 2005 1:27:20 PM

(No low end pins here..)
Get:
NGG
Whirlwind
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:36:14 PM

>low-end group of games.

Well, those aren't low end on price, but they're definetely low end on
fun.

Make another list!
September 7, 2005 1:39:47 PM

Pinbot!

nomad
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:47:19 PM

Did you ever find a backglass for that machine?

Terry.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:53:11 PM

LOL!!!

pinballjim wrote:
> >low-end group of games.
>
> Well, those aren't low end on price, but they're definetely low end on
> fun.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:15:22 PM

In no particular order, the best three from that list (IMHO) are NGG,
WW, and Whirlwind. I agree with the others, none of those can be
considered "low-end". It's true they're not in the same price category
as MM, AFM, MB, CV, etc., but they are not inexpensive either.
Examples in top condition will run you in excess of $2k+...and prices
seem to climb on these pretty steadily. Those are three of the best
games from the '90s...regardless of price.

Ted
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:31:13 PM

dracula is my first choice, then whitewater ..bcuz its funny as hell!
love the big foot guy "uh oh".
no fear 3rd

good luck
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:28:09 PM

Ive got 4 pins for 4000.00 Freddy/DH/LW3/TFTC
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:32:08 PM

Royal Rumble or Freddy.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:48:02 PM

For me it's Whitewater by a mile, followed by NGG and BSD.
pinballmick wrote:
> Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
> group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:
>
> No Fear
> Bram's Dracula
> Getaway
> Whitewater
> Whirlwind
> No Good Gophers
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 5:41:29 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention if you are really concerned about price,
GetAway is a great cheap pin. I see them every now and again in the
$1,000 to $1,200 USD range. It was one of my first DMD pins and I still
enjoying playing it (when I see one) although it isn't in my
collection. If I had a bigger house and deeper pockets, I would
probably have one. I love the music and the super charger. It's
mindless fun without the need to stay focused to follow the "deep"
rules that most of us love :-)

Duane
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:22:13 PM

NGG then whitewater.
others are ho hum IMHO.

"pinballmick" <michaelpug@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
> group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:
>
> No Fear
> Bram's Dracula
> Getaway
> Whitewater
> Whirlwind
> No Good Gophers

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:27:11 PM

In article <1126108987.618194.235260@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
pinballmick <michaelpug@comcast.net> wrote:
>Trying to decide which pin(s) would be the best choice from a low-end
>group of games. Any advice for best games from this group:
>
>No Fear
>Bram's Dracula
>Getaway
>Whitewater
>Whirlwind
>No Good Gophers

These are hardly low end games. How about my 1969 WMS Paddock for $375,
shopped!

From the above group Whitewater is probably the best.
--
Daina Pettit=daina@xmission.com, voice: (801)277-6296, msg: (801)277-0888
UNIX Consulting Salt Lake City, Utah http://www.MrPinball.com

Here's a "more bang for your buck" list for your consideration:

1-2K range:
DM, JM, WCS, FT, RS, Shadow, T2, NF, Congo, BOP, HS2

----------------------

2K+ range:
CFTBL, STTNG, FH, JY, NGG, WW,

3k range:
TAF, IJ, TZ, TOM, TOTAN, T3, CP,

3-4K range:
AFM, CV, LOTR, TSPP, SC,MB

5k-moon range:
MM, CC
September 7, 2005 10:43:10 PM

I agree with most of this, but didn't prefer NGG at all. I own a WW, FH,
and WH20 and would recommend any of them, but from your list I would say
WH20.

andy

"rudy gulp ptooie" <t.mottor@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In no particular order, the best three from that list (IMHO) are NGG,
> WW, and Whirlwind. I agree with the others, none of those can be
> considered "low-end". It's true they're not in the same price category
> as MM, AFM, MB, CV, etc., but they are not inexpensive either.
> Examples in top condition will run you in excess of $2k+...and prices
> seem to climb on these pretty steadily. Those are three of the best
> games from the '90s...regardless of price.
>
> Ted

Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:50:28 AM

In article <1126111639.515117.61400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<tschw10117@aol.com> wrote:
>Did you ever find a backglass for that machine?
>
>Terry.

Not yet. The backglass I have has a 6" long crack along the lower right
corner, plus a previous owner stopped the flaking in the brown ink by
covering almost the entire backglass on the back with BROWN MYLAR PACKING
TAPE! All the lights show through dimly. :^(

This is a *real* low-end pin.
--
!