Sign in with
Your question

Noob to laptops/slight gaming rig

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 12, 2010 7:26:09 PM

I had built my own desktop(myself) a few years ago, how ever i'm not up on new tech/laptops. Being a woman, I also don't trust sales people in stores. So heres what i need/am wondering about!

1_What is your budget? Prefer 600-800 up to 1000 if I have to

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Nothing under 15 inches

3_What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't matter to me

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? NA really.. I need it to game/surf net with no lag

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? World of warcraft Mid- High settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? watch movies, surf net, listen to my itunes etc. Nothing major

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? debatable as I have a 1t external. prefer 250-500 gigs though

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. bestbuy.com, newegg.com, tigerdirect.com if i had to.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
a few years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just cd/dvd rom will be enough

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm not sure i prefer a certain brand over another, as all customer service on them is pretty terrible. (worked at circuit city for years, I've dealt with them enough to know they all have bad CS)

13_What country do you live in?
USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I am down sizing to move into a rv. I no longer have room for a desktop so I have to get a laptop. Playing wow with little to no lag is a must. My old desktop(very old) has a nvidia 6600 series(and only a gig of ram- I get 30-60fps in WOW) and it MUST play better on my new rig.
a b D Laptop
August 12, 2010 8:00:07 PM

embalmer said:
I had built my own desktop(myself) a few years ago, how ever i'm not up on new tech/laptops. Being a woman, I also don't trust sales people in stores. So heres what i need/am wondering about!

1_What is your budget? Prefer 600-800 up to 1000 if I have to

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Nothing under 15 inches

3_What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't matter to me

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? NA really.. I need it to game/surf net with no lag

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? World of warcraft Mid- High settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? watch movies, surf net, listen to my itunes etc. Nothing major

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? debatable as I have a 1t external. prefer 250-500 gigs though

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. bestbuy.com, newegg.com, tigerdirect.com if i had to.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
a few years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just cd/dvd rom will be enough

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm not sure i prefer a certain brand over another, as all customer service on them is pretty terrible. (worked at circuit city for years, I've dealt with them enough to know they all have bad CS)

13_What country do you live in?
USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. I am down sizing to move into a rv. I no longer have room for a desktop so I have to get a laptop. Playing wow with little to no lag is a must. My old desktop(very old) has a nvidia 6600 series(and only a gig of ram- I get 30-60fps in WOW) and it MUST play better on my new rig.

Try this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It should run WoW more than adequately, and whatever other games that might come out soon that you'll be interested in... although playing WoW, or doing anything online, with little lag requires that you have a good internet connection, as even the best computer would suck at playing WoW if you're using dial up.
!