Samsung or Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geared89

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hi Guys

I've been doing a lot of research into laptops over the past couple of days and decided I like the Samsung r530 and the Dell inspiron 15r but can't decide which to buy!

I use photoshop a fair amount and would love to play the new starcraft on it (if that makes any difference)

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated

thanks

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

The Dell is the better choice for you because it has a more powerful processor, which will be better for gaming. You may want to consider upgrading the graphics card, depending on what graphics requirements your game has.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

geared89

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

soulbrotha80

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Between those two, the Dell laptop would be the better choice, since you plan on playing StarCraft II. The Dell laptop has the option to choose a dedicated graphics card; whereas, the Samsung laptop has integrated Intel graphics, which wouldn't be ideal for gaming.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
neither of those will be good for gaming.

the dell is slightly better, but it will only be playing games on the lowest settings, and most likely still without decent framerates.

if you really only care about playing SC, and dont mind lowering the settings then it will do the job. but id recommend going with something slightly more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.