What plug is this :O ?

Jassie

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I was given a monitor today that doesn't have a plug of it's own connected to you. You have to connect your own. Which is no big deal because I should be able to just buy one. But I don't know what type of plug it is.

The best way to describe it is that it's the size of a DVI port. But looks like a VGA. The monitor itself also doesn't take a power cord from what I'm told. I'm told it takes power through the video card. So that may help in identifying the plug maybe?

I can't take a picture of it unfortunately. I have no way of getting pictures off my cellphone onto my computer atm. And I also can't find one anywhere online.

Also I'm not sure if this monitor is a flat panel. It's flat screen and slim. So I'm guessing this is where it goes. Sorry if not.

Jassie

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I'm pretty stupid when it comes to stuff like this. What do I need to make it connect to a DVI port?

Also I counted the pins. It's like a VGA plug. But with like slots for 26 pins. 9 in the top row, 9 in the next but shifted over a bit, and then 8 below that. If that helps at all.