INSPIRON 8000 - Nobootable services

I have run out of warranty on this DELL 8000 INSPIROn (and they wont extend
it). I have this major problem. When you power- 'Primary hard Disk Drive
not found- Fixed Optical Drive not found- No bootable devices- strike F1 to
retry boot- F2 for set up utility.
After a 100 times trying to reboot- (after 5 to 6 days) it rebooted back as
if nothing happened and worked fine for a month. I have this problem again
Any help? Any suggestions?

Robert

Hard drive has died.
The fixed optical drive is the slave drive off the hard drive. When the
(master) hard drive isn't found it then doesn't find the optical drive.
http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/systems/ins8200/en/sm_en/index.htm